LB takes pay cut

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

If I'm Gross, I would rather be cut. He will end up with more guaranteed money than taking a pay cut.

Gross already has most of that in the bank....how it impacts our cap space is different than what he is paid.

All about what we he can get now vs if he had to go elsewhere

#32 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

If I'm Gross, I would rather be cut. He will end up with more guaranteed money than taking a pay cut.

Sorry for being not-very-polite, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Gross's best chance at a nice payday is to re-up with Carolina. He'll get less on the open market than he would get from us. And that's assuming he takes a 15 to 20% pay cut.

#33 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

But Beason and Gross are stand-up guys.......

and should get reduced salaryfor being on IR last season alone...

#34 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

and should get reduced salaryfor being on IR last season alone...

Agreed, he did not hold up his end of the bargain. From what I've seen out of Beason, I don't think he's happy about Luke taking over in the middle, so I'm sure that's contributing.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Agreed, he did not hold up his end of the bargain. From what I've seen out of Beason, I don't think he's happy about Luke taking over in the middle, so I'm sure that's contributing.

My guess..

Beason will never restructure....take every penny he can from us. He will then wait for us to cut him to he hopefully can play MLB somewhere.

In Beason's own words, he is better suited to be a MLB than OLB. I think he he knows he can't play OLB at as high of a level....he has already said Davis is supervisor in the past. Nor does he seem like the type to want to be Luke's sidekick. I think he is happy and respects Luke's play...as he thought he was the best player in that draft and then helped coach Luke up. But he is a MLB....and even he won't say it will want to go be that somewhere where he is the man.

#36 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,224 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

The difference is no player wants to take a pay cut to remain with the Panthers.

QFT

But, why would they? We haven't been a contender for years, we have a new GM who may want to shake the roster up anyway, and we pretty much have a lame duck coaching staff.

The future is murky in Carolina right now. We hope it's bright, but if I was a player I'm not sure I'd be willing to take a pay cut to be a part of it. I might just roll the dice and force them to pay me or cut me.

#37 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

I have to ask myself this. Would I honestly take a pay cut at my job just to please everyone? Naahhhhh lol

#38 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

hahaha

http://profootballta...agent/#comments

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

I have to ask myself this. Would I honestly take a pay cut at my job just to please everyone? Naahhhhh lol

Question is not if you would do it to please, but would you take a paycut or be fired?

Lets say you make 80k a year. You know that you get paid a lot better at your current employer than most of the competitors offer. You boss says, we have to cut back....we have to cut your pay to 65k or your fired. Meanwhile, you have pretty good evidence the competitors you would go to for a job are only paying 60-65 for what you do?

Do you leave to make slightly less most likely?

#40 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

Well since you put it that way lol. I see what you are saying. Never really thought of it that way

#41 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Sorry for being not-very-polite, but you don't know what you're talking about.

Gross's best chance at a nice payday is to re-up with Carolina. He'll get less on the open market than he would get from us. And that's assuming he takes a 15 to 20% pay cut.

It's been reported they are asking him to take a rather large paycut. If that is the case, there is no question he will get a bigger guarantee somewhere else.

#42 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

I just hope this gets done soon, like tomorrow. Tired of waiting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com