• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

The fact that G5 thinks that mimicking Mississippi is a good thing tells you all you need to know about G5.

#17 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

Mississippi did not ban abortion.

This is akin to liberals whining that legislatures require abortionists to have medical licenses.

Read the article that I Registered To Post This posted. The governor of Mississippi had this to say:

"My goal, of course, is to shut it down," Bryant said Thursday. "Now, we'll follow the laws. The bill is in the courts now, related to the physicians and their association with a hospital. But, certainly, if I had the power to do so legally, I'd do so tomorrow."

He plainly states that he is using the law to shut down the abortion clinics in his state down. By making it so difficult for them to exist, he is essentially using the law to legally ban abortion.

#18 Cage

Cage

Eternal Hatred

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

More government=less government???

A lot of these conservatives are so damn hypocritical it drives me insane. All of these absurd anti-abortion laws will ultimately be struck down but not before they cost taxpayers a poo ton of money in legal fees. Fiscally conservative when it suits them and anti government when it suits them as well. And then they actively try and slash funds to the public programs that would aid mothers of unwanted kids. If you don't have a uterus, don't menstruate, and can't have kids...STFU about abortion already.

#19 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

You can still get an abortion.

This is really beside the point. The point is, this is government pushing its head into your life. You can still get your own private insurance under Obamacare, so does that mean you are OK with the premise of it being required for everyone (and beside all the other stuff it entails)? Because by your logic, you would be ok with it.

Still smells hypocritical.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

And you can still own a gun

#21 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

One sometimes ends human life...the other always ends human life.

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

That's why I am prolife across the board

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

One sometimes ends human life...the other always ends human life.

That's pretty freaking weak there.

#24 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Please respond to my question about Obamacare?

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

And our Constitution onced dehumanized blacks too. The unborn can hope for future logical clarity.

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Please respond to my question about Obamacare?

What's this have to do with Obamacare.

Unless you're simply trying to minimize this to a debate on government intervention. In this case, destruction of human life.

#27 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

And our Constitution onced dehumanized blacks too. The unborn can hope for future logical clarity.

So you admit that owning a gun is the constitutional equivalent to abortion and slavery?

#28 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

So you admit that owning a gun is the constitutional equivalent to abortion and slavery?

No. You're attempting to make a point on something completely arbitrary. Right to human life should be first and foremost.

The matter of arms is a completely different discussion. More on the lines regarding search and seizure protections. Roe vs. Wade was founded on a completely made up argument regarding right to privacy and yet found "reason" recognizing human life within the first trimester? Sounds suspiciously like our early drafts of the Constitution where blacks were a fraction of the worth of a white citizen? The women's health is not in danger if clauses are written in these to truly protect their lives. No one really has a problem with that. It's the expansion of "health" that's the issue.

#29 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:59 AM

Thank goodness someone can finally lecture us all on when human life begins.

#30 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

What's this have to do with Obamacare.

Unless you're simply trying to minimize this to a debate on government intervention. In this case, destruction of human life.

Nope, it just shows that you are picking and choosing whatever fits your religious views and NOT going by your party's fundamental views. It's hypocritical. In terms of destruction of life, you would be OK with government getting in your life and banning handguns because that is the only reason for such weapons to exist?

One could argue that not having proper healthcare over someone's life (treatment, preventative care, etc) could also be destruction of life, which is why we need Obamacare?

As I'm said, I don't follow either left, nor right, but right now all I see is hypocrisy in some of these statements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com