Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherAZ

Panthers exercise option for Tolbert in '14, '15.

85 posts in this topic

Doesn't matter the type.of.qb.Cam is. The.more talent around.him, the better. That includes the.back field

Best, most complete, and cheapest RB on the team

Wtf??

Tolbert is a fullback.

Doesn't matter the type.of.qb.Cam is. The.more talent around.him, the better. That includes the.back field

On the field talent > depth talent

Over investing in depth limits what your on field talent can be

and talent at QB, scheme, etc. dictates where you invest on the field....Carolina isn't the place you load up on RBs at the moment (which is why a QB and FB out produced Double Trouble in rushing)

1 person likes this

I could be wrong but doesn't this free up more money down the road? It might not be the best short term thing to do, but it saves us money long term, something hurney screwed us with.

Another receiver.would.be.invested.depth.

Thanks.for.playing CRA.

It's always a great debate.with you.

Another receiver.would.be.invested.depth.

Thanks.for.playing CRA.

It's always a great debate.with you.

False. Comparing Williams to adding a WR is NOT a comparable situation.

Cute you think that is a debate.

One, Stewart is NOT on his last legs like Smith. Smith is ready to be downgraded to a new role....not Stewart. You can have 3 WRs on the field on basic offensive plays....you don't with RBs.

We need either a new #1, better # 2 (or Smith moving) or a true slot WR. Feel free to look at all 31 NFL teams who have multiple WRs....and none in NFL history that pay 2 RBs featured RB money.

You are so eager to argue the RB position you failing to think about what you are saying.

I. can. use. periods. too.

Wtf??

Tolbert is a fullback.

And Jared Cook is a TE

When he was in the field where did he line up

If you think about it we went into this year paying 54 billion dollars to RBs.

The new GM has touched 2 RB deals...increasing the cap hits on both for this year.

Kinda funny. I am sure there is a method to the madness....but who would have guessed we would have all 3 and Gettlemen's first duties would involve in increasing the cap hits the RBs occupy

Has to be some cap fixing with all of it

Has to be some cap fixing with all of it

I'm sure it is...probably was just getting Stewart and Tolbert how he wants them big picture.

I'm sure it is...probably was just getting Stewart and Tolbert how he wants them big picture.

Agreed. The Stew redo may be more complex than we realize. Opition on Tolbert gives a backup plan.