Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Panthers exercise option for Tolbert in '14, '15.

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Another receiver.would.be.invested.depth.

Thanks.for.playing CRA.

It's always a great debate.with you.

False. Comparing Williams to adding a WR is NOT a comparable situation.

Cute you think that is a debate.

One, Stewart is NOT on his last legs like Smith. Smith is ready to be downgraded to a new role....not Stewart. You can have 3 WRs on the field on basic offensive plays....you don't with RBs.

We need either a new #1, better # 2 (or Smith moving) or a true slot WR. Feel free to look at all 31 NFL teams who have multiple WRs....and none in NFL history that pay 2 RBs featured RB money.

You are so eager to argue the RB position you failing to think about what you are saying.

I. can. use. periods. too.

#47 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:24 AM

Wtf??

Tolbert is a fullback.

And Jared Cook is a TE

When he was in the field where did he line up

#48 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

If you think about it we went into this year paying 54 billion dollars to RBs.

The new GM has touched 2 RB deals...increasing the cap hits on both for this year.

Kinda funny. I am sure there is a method to the madness....but who would have guessed we would have all 3 and Gettlemen's first duties would involve in increasing the cap hits the RBs occupy

Has to be some cap fixing with all of it

#49 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

Has to be some cap fixing with all of it

I'm sure it is...probably was just getting Stewart and Tolbert how he wants them big picture.

#50 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

I'm sure it is...probably was just getting Stewart and Tolbert how he wants them big picture.

Agreed. The Stew redo may be more complex than we realize. Opition on Tolbert gives a backup plan.

#51 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

Agreed. The Stew redo may be more complex than we realize. Opition on Tolbert gives a backup plan.

Yep, had to keep Tolbert and that was the only way. Durable and fits the power up the gut running Rivera has preferred to match with Cam.

#52 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

This means one of three possible things:

-This move is the harbinger flare of the end of the Deangelo Williams era

-Gettleman is just as retarded and incompetent as Marty

-Richardson is indeed calling the shots

Or that it is a big indicator that our offense will feature Csm as a picket passer...even though that would send some if you into a tailspin.

#53 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

Or that it is a big indicator that our offense will feature Csm as a picket passer...even though that would send some if you into a tailspin.

That sounds fun...lets impode our offense and Cam's career.

Cam is a football player...new GM thankfully isn't our HC. Cam and Ron want to win

#54 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

That sounds fun...lets impode our offense and Cam's career.

Cam is a football player...new GM thankfully isn't our HC. Cam and Ron want to win

No. Cam is a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm. Also Gettleman knows that running QB's take a bating and their bodies wear down.

I see him using Cam like Rogers and Roethlesberger. A designed run or two a game...put him out in the edge a few times to either run or pass...and utilize his running also when the pass play breaks down.

Having him run 10 times a game is ridiculous....that is why the avg life of a RB is only about 4 seasons.

I have a feeling your are going to be pusses at this tear's offense.

But, I also may be totally wrong.....neither if us really know what the plan is.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

No. Cam is a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm. Also Gettleman knows that running QB's take a bating and their bodies wear down.

I see him using Cam like Rogers and Roethlesberger. A designed run or two a game...put him out in the edge a few times to either run or pass...and utilize his running also when the pass play breaks down.

Having him run 10 times a game is ridiculous....that is why the avg life of a RB is only about 4 seasons.

But, I also may be totally wrong.....neither if us really know what the plan is.

Gettlemen isn't a coach...just like Hurney wasn't.

Rivera doesn't take his gameplan from the GM.

Cam has never been a pure pocket passer in his life....won't be this year. Nothing supports suggesting such a drastic change. Expect around 700 yards and 10 TDs on the ground.

#56 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Cam has never been a pure pocket passer in his life....won't be this year. Nothing supports suggesting such a drastic change. Expect around 700 yards and 10 TDs on the ground.

Steve Young ran about 7 times a game at near 40. He didn't have a bad coach...let him be special.

Were you part of that crowd last year claiming he wouldn't run in 2012? How did that work out?

#57 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

I think the comments by the staff about Cam....comments about keeping DWill....and exercising the option on Tolbert would support that he is likely to be more of a pocket passer to a logical person.

But, you are free to live in your little fantasy world where you think you know more.

I will hang out here in reality where the comments do support it and where I say we will have to wait and see which direction we go....rather than spout off bullshit and try and pass it off as facts.

#58 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

I think the comments by the staff about Cam....comments about keeping DWill....and exercising the option on Tolbert would support that he is likely to be more of a pocket passer to a logical person.

But, you are free to live in your little fantasy world where you think you know more.

I will hang out here in reality where the comments do support it and where I say we will have to wait and see which direction we go....rather than spout off bullshit and try and pass it off as facts.

I think too much is made in Gettlemen's comments....

Suddenly he is the offensive coordinator and DWill is the future again...

Pretty sure they are keeping Tolbert bc he is the best short yardage RB to keep that banging off Cam, best RB out if shotgun sets which Cam does often, and fits the running style Riveta prefers (and gets Williams demoted each year). Not sure how you equate Tolbert means Cam doesn't run....sure didn't mean that this past year.

My guesses are based on fact, history and games. Claiming Cam is going to become a pocket player is fantasy....just like those who claimed such last.

Please tell me where Ron or Shula implied the biggest mismatch runner in the NFL is done running...

#59 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:15 AM

You guys do realize that tolberts running style is more like Stewart's hard nose hit the hole bowling ball style. Before we got Tolbert, Stewart was the one getting the majority of the red zone Carries. Both the coach and GM have talked about the need of both the home run threat and power runner.

With Stewart not being able to stay healthy since being drafted, don't be surprised if he is traded on or before the draft.

#60 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you???

• HUDDLER
  • 5,073 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Also, don't forget that the decision to go with Stewart over Williams was more than likely chuds, with ron taking the media hit for him. now with Shula taking over there is no idea, so we will have to see. Who is the browns RB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com