#31 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I heard Brian St Pierre was coming in for a visit as well.

#32 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

I heard Brian St Pierre was coming in for a visit as well.

Jeremy Bridges anyone?

#33 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

Holy poo this is embarassing. It just keeps getting worse and worse. He was worse than Chris Williams. If we waste any money on this guy, you guys will be begging for Hurney back.

#34 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

So let me get this straight...

We're gonna beg the man that put us in the situation where the only free agent we can afford is Frank Omiyale?

Makes sense.

#35 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

are you a fuging idiot?

Who would.think a player is.better simply.because.he's a former panther?

I don't.. But obviously.you do.

You completely just misunderstood me.

And I have no idea how I am even able to understand you with that terrible grammar and random periods everywhere.

But can you explain how frank is superior to Bell right now in their careers or are you just going to call me an idiot and not provide actual football facts?

#36 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

are you a fuging idiot?

Who would.think a player is.better simply.because.he's a former panther?

I don't.. But obviously.you do.

Frank played well enough for us to garner starter money in FA and a starting LT HIV in Chicago.

Bell would be a lower tier prospect in FA.

Frank is better than Bell right now.

And I HATE to agree with Woody...I feel like I need a shower after saying that I do. Lol

#37 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Lol why do you people even bother responding to pantherclaw?

It's like a father having to justify his actions to his son. Sure, it may be courteous to talk to him/the boy when he speaks to you, but his utterly all encompassing lack of intelligence puts him in no position to address anyone that way

just. ignore. him thats. what everybody else. Do;es.

#38 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,607 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

I wonder how pantherclaw mentally justifies getting on each day and seeing that literally everyone thinks his opinions are moronic but him.

"they just don't see the truth!! every single person on that website other than me is just an idiot!!"

#39 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

I thought Frank did a good job in the short time he started for us. I am not sure what he can do at this point. But for depth and a potential starter he seems to be worth bringing in and perhaps signing if the price is right. It would be nice to know the plan so we can follow along and watch as it unfolds. Gettleman seems to be doing his due diligence albeit at a measured pace. Too slow for most here it appears.
I will take a wait and see approach. After all as a fan of the team whose allegiance is steadfast, I really don't have much of a choice really. And while I reserve the right to complain freely should the occasion arise, I will wait until after the draft to comment about where we have holes and what we need to do to be more competitive. For me though, as much needs to change philosophically and stategically as it does personnel wise. All of us who have paid attention have seen new coordinators take the same talent and drastically improve their play with better schemes and playcalling. Hopefully Shula can do that for Cam while the defense continues to improve. The jury is still out, and I digress.
Gettleman has a ton to prove and this is his big chance. I know if nothing else, he is grinding as I write this trying to find the deal and the player that will help the team while staying within the budget. If he fails, it won't be due to effort. I like that about him.

#40 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Guess you didn't see where they listed him as a Guard/Tackle

It would be heresy to to say he is not better than Hangman.

Even if he is better than hangman if we go into the season with omiyale as our best option at rg then that's just fuging terrible

#41 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

he's a better tackle than.bell, he's a better guard than bell. Plus he's more experienced.

You are nuts. Bell wasn't bad in his rookie year for being an UDFA and he IMPROVED last year. Thats all you can ask for from a player in 2 years

#42 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,995 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I thought Frank did a good job in the short time he started for us. I am not sure what he can do at this point. But for depth and a potential starter he seems to be worth bringing in and perhaps signing if the price is right. It would be nice to know the plan so we can follow along and watch as it unfolds. Gettleman seems to be doing his due diligence albeit at a measured pace. Too slow for most here it appears.
I will take a wait and see approach. After all as a fan of the team whose allegiance is steadfast, I really don't have much of a choice really. And while I reserve the right to complain freely should the occasion arise, I will wait until after the draft to comment about where we have holes and what we need to do to be more competitive. For me though, as much needs to change philosophically and stategically as it does personnel wise. All of us who have paid attention have seen new coordinators take the same talent and drastically improve their play with better schemes and playcalling. Hopefully Shula can do that for Cam while the defense continues to improve. The jury is still out, and I digress.
Gettleman has a ton to prove and this is his big chance. I know if nothing else, he is grinding as I write this trying to find the deal and the player that will help the team while staying within the budget. If he fails, it won't be due to effort. I like that about him.

Good post. About Frank: He would be solid depth (can play 4 positions), possibly saving us a roster spot. We could cut Garry Williams and Bruce Campbell, possibly saving us cap room. Best case scenario is he beats out Bell at RT.

I think we will offer a G some decent $$ and try to sign a RT on the cheap.

#43 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Last and only time Frank started 16 games(2010) according to pff he gave up 14 sacks. Thats more than Bell in 32 starts.

How do you guys have such fond memories of Frank anyway? He started 1 game for us..1 game.

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Even if he is better than hangman if we go into the season with omiyale as our best option at rg then that's just fuging terrible

No argument from me there lol.

#45 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

THE HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,129 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

No argument from me there lol.

Lol well with that being said I think frank would bring some versatility and depth like some one already said we could sign him and cut a few others like garry williams jeff byers and some others. I just hope gettleman can find a way to upgrade the oline recieving core our dt group and our defensive backfield that's a lot to accomplish in one offseason hope he can get it done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com