• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

he's a better tackle than.bell, he's a better guard than bell. Plus he's more experienced.

You are nuts. Bell wasn't bad in his rookie year for being an UDFA and he IMPROVED last year. Thats all you can ask for from a player in 2 years

#42 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

I thought Frank did a good job in the short time he started for us. I am not sure what he can do at this point. But for depth and a potential starter he seems to be worth bringing in and perhaps signing if the price is right. It would be nice to know the plan so we can follow along and watch as it unfolds. Gettleman seems to be doing his due diligence albeit at a measured pace. Too slow for most here it appears.
I will take a wait and see approach. After all as a fan of the team whose allegiance is steadfast, I really don't have much of a choice really. And while I reserve the right to complain freely should the occasion arise, I will wait until after the draft to comment about where we have holes and what we need to do to be more competitive. For me though, as much needs to change philosophically and stategically as it does personnel wise. All of us who have paid attention have seen new coordinators take the same talent and drastically improve their play with better schemes and playcalling. Hopefully Shula can do that for Cam while the defense continues to improve. The jury is still out, and I digress.
Gettleman has a ton to prove and this is his big chance. I know if nothing else, he is grinding as I write this trying to find the deal and the player that will help the team while staying within the budget. If he fails, it won't be due to effort. I like that about him.

Good post. About Frank: He would be solid depth (can play 4 positions), possibly saving us a roster spot. We could cut Garry Williams and Bruce Campbell, possibly saving us cap room. Best case scenario is he beats out Bell at RT.

I think we will offer a G some decent $$ and try to sign a RT on the cheap.

#43 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Last and only time Frank started 16 games(2010) according to pff he gave up 14 sacks. Thats more than Bell in 32 starts.

How do you guys have such fond memories of Frank anyway? He started 1 game for us..1 game.

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

Even if he is better than hangman if we go into the season with omiyale as our best option at rg then that's just fuging terrible

No argument from me there lol.

#45 Mr Mojo Risin

Mr Mojo Risin

The Doors

• LocationIndiana
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

No argument from me there lol.

Lol well with that being said I think frank would bring some versatility and depth like some one already said we could sign him and cut a few others like garry williams jeff byers and some others. I just hope gettleman can find a way to upgrade the oline recieving core our dt group and our defensive backfield that's a lot to accomplish in one offseason hope he can get it done

#46 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

I wonder how pantherclaw mentally justifies getting on each day and seeing that literally everyone thinks his opinions are moronic but him.

"they just don't see the truth!! every single person on that website other than me is just an idiot!!"

I'm convinced he's a PFFL alt

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Patherclaw is not an alt but a guy who has been around for quite a while. Instead of making fun of him perhaps you could try to find the nugget of knowledge mixed with the sarcasm and brusque tone. Most posters who are not trolls are worth engaging with conversation starters instead of ridicule and baiting behavior.

Just sayin.....................................................

#48 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Omiyale is crap. He couldn't even keep a starting gig on Chicago's crap oline

#49 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

I wonder how pantherclaw mentally justifies getting on each day and seeing that literally everyone thinks his opinions are moronic but him.

"they just don't see the truth!! every single person on that website other than me is just an idiot!!"

how often do you tell yourself the same thing you accuse me of?

I know common sense is no longer a common virtue.

#50 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:55 AM

You are nuts. Bell wasn't bad in his rookie year for being an UDFA and he IMPROVED last year. Thats all you can ask for from a player in 2 years

Bell has improved. Where have i said he hasn't?

What's wrong with bringing in competition?
That is what makes players and teams get better.

Frank is no all pro, but he is a capable starter at right tackle.and guard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users