• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Has anyone bought the new SimCity? If so is the game as big a mess as what I've read or is it somewhat overblown? I was really pumped when I first heard about it but refused to buy when i heard about the always online requirement. I have no intention of getting it but was curious if what I've been reading about the game is true.

#2 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

I have it and haven't had a single connection issue. The game itself is awesome, I just wish the maps/regions were bigger so I can have massive cities like in the previous games.

There are still some bugs or glitches but those should be taken care of by EA.

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,959 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

I got it but have not done too much with it yet. It was a mess when I first logged on but later it got better.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

Pretty much have heard it's a complete mess. Bugs, and all kinds of issues. Personally, the day-one DLC and microtransactions seem annoying. I loved Sim City 2000 and was excited for this but I have to pass right now.

Apparently people have modified the game so it can work offline and also extended the map/region size.

#5 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I was so pumped from the ads and stuff but then I learned its all online so I'll pass. I'd rather play old school style on an ancient mac

#6 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,133 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

I got it. Glad EA is being slaughtered for the always online nonsense. They deserve it because it damaged a pretty good game.

I've yet to play with all the features turned back on (got it after Origin turned some off to help with server issues) but its got some fun parts.

Besides the obvious stuff, some complaints I have is how small the cities are and how practically nothing is explained.

I'm up to around 200,000 people, have been out of room for a while, have to bulldoze stuff if I wanna address any city issues, which creates more problems, meanwhile problems arise out of nowhere, and it's just an unsolvable mess. I get that the having to deal with different crisis is a part of the game, but the limitations with the game make those crisis' a hassle rather than fun.

I'm trying to unlock the metal HQ upgrade and it seems as if I have to bulldoze half my city just to build enough stuff to generate the kind of daily revenue required to unlock it.

Blah blah blah, etc etc, there's a lot of messy stuff that isn't explained and it makes it frustrating.

I should add, however, that I have enjoyed it overall.

#7 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

If you buy it on Origin before the 25th you get a free game because it was so fuged up at launch....

#8 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

I chose Mass Effect 3...and will probably never play it.

#9 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,148 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

I got NFS because I know I'll never play ME3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.