#1 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

I know our hands are tied behind our back. We are limited to what we can do in FA with the cap situation we are in. We could be a "sleeper" team and surprise everyone in 2013. But, as of right now it's hard to imagine we can be a contender in an already tough NFC conference.

Cam is going into his 3rd year, and I "HATE" to see Cam falls out of the Playoffs once again. Hes been a winner throughout his life except here in Carolina. It's sad and uncomfortable knowing other young QBs that came in the same year as Cam in 2011, and after (2012) to have find success quickly. Cam have to sit back and watch a Dalton, Ponder, Kaepernick (all 2011), and Luck, RGIII, and Wilson (2012) all taste the Playoffs. Just how much longer will our Cam Newton have to wait to get a sniff at the Post-Season? I just don't see it happening in his 3rd year. He's too good to have to keep on waiting for his turn.

Not just that, the other teams are adding more and more pieces for their QBs to succeed. I know that Cam have some good weapons around him in 89, Olsen, Dwill, Stew, and Tolbert. But, is that enough? Thats a really good back field, but there not enough weapons to throw to. I'll wait after the Draft to reconsider this thought.

#2 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

Cam: Smitty, Olsen, 2013 WR?
Kaepernick: Boldin, Crabtree, Davis
Dalton: Green, Gresham, Sanu, 2013 WR/FA? (tons of cap room; maybe a guy like DHB would fit in perfectly)
Ponder: Jennings, Rudolph, (1-2) 2013 WR (Keenan)?
Russell: Rice, Harvin, Tate, Baldwin
RG3: Garçon, Moss, Hankerson, Morgan (comparable)
Luck: Wayne, Fleener, Allen, Hilton, FA?

#3 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

lolwut

#4 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

I'll wait after the Draft to reconsider this thought.

CC, this is really all you had to say to yourself. Once you said that, then you would have realized that there was really no point to start this thread (at this point).

#5 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Chuck - Cam currently has enough weapons to be successful. I love the young man's potential, but he's still growing. He's had opportunities to close out games in his 2 years, but he hasn't done it consistently. Can't always blame it on the supporting cast.

Kind of reminds me of Lebron James early in his career. He might drop 28 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. But he doesn't take a shot in the final 2 minutes of a game they lose by 2-4 points. Cam has to learn to finish. And he will. I'd argue he did a much better job of that towards the end of last season. Remember, everyone else in the passing game is Cam's supporting cast. The biggest thing the FO can do to help Cam develop right now is improve the o-line, so a running game can take some pressure off of him until he's ready to take over a game - like Manning, Brady and Brees... Wilson, RGIII and Ponder all benefit from that aspect of their offense.

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

slobber, slobber, slobber, slobber

#7 firstdayfan

firstdayfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:30 AM

At some point you have to look at the coaching staff of those teams and not the "supporting cast". All those teams have tenured coaches that have been around and know what they're doing. Ours seems to still be learning the ropes and may never amount to anything. JR and Marty handcuffed Cam to a coach that may not ever be up to snuff. That's the reality of the situation.

#8 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Has anybody seen David Gettis lately?

I'm starting to think we never drafted him in the first place..

#9 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

Has anybody seen David Gettis lately?

I'm starting to think we never drafted him in the first place..

All of the Gettis homers are just waiting to crawl out of the woodwork to tell you this is his year.

#10 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Cam hasn't been perfect since he came into the league though like most of these homers think, hes been great but he hasn't been perfect. While Cam grows the team grows is all I'm saying...patience, patience

#11 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,765 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Our highest picks will be spent on either a WR, CB, or a S. That's what our FA interests are telling me.

#12 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

Chuck - Cam currently has enough weapons to be successful. I love the young man's potential, but he's still growing. He's had opportunities to close out games in his 2 years, but he hasn't done it consistently. Can't always blame it on the supporting cast.

Kind of reminds me of Lebron James early in his career. He might drop 28 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. But he doesn't take a shot in the final 2 minutes of a game they lose by 2-4 points. Cam has to learn to finish. And he will. I'd argue he did a much better job of that towards the end of last season. Remember, everyone else in the passing game is Cam's supporting cast. The biggest thing the FO can do to help Cam develop right now is improve the o-line, so a running game can take some pressure off of him until he's ready to take over a game - like Manning, Brady and Brees... Wilson, RGIII and Ponder all benefit from that aspect of their offense.

What are you talking about? The defense failed Cam plenty of times these last two years. Granted, Newton hasn't been perfect but there's games where he has orchestrated a great 80 yard drive to bring them The Panthers back but then the defense can't stop the opposing offense and hold on.

• RG3 benefitted from the Eagle, Giant and Cowboy implosion. I doubt he'll be leading that squad into the playoffs next year.

• Wilson and Kaep pretty much landed on teams that already featured an elite level defenses and great OLs.

• Luck had a soft schedule (deserves credit however). The AFC is where the NFC was in a couple years back. Had Big Ben been healthy, I don't know if The Colts would have gotten the final spot.

Cam made his share of mistakes but his surrounding cast didn't do him any favors either (that includes Special Teams and the coaching staff).

#13 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,633 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

Cam will be an MVP candidate this year. Not saying he will win, he will be in the running.

#14 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

terrible teammates and terrible coaches- it's like we are doing everything in our power to ruin his career
if he sticks with us, in 10-20 years he could be a precautionary tale of how not to develop a talented QB

#15 Lumps

Lumps

Jase is butthurt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,545 posts
  • LocationSouth Charlotte

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

At some point you have to look at the coaching staff of those teams and not the "supporting cast". All those teams have tenured coaches that have been around and know what they're doing. Ours seems to still be learning the ropes and may never amount to anything. JR and Marty handcuffed Cam to a coach that may not ever be up to snuff. That's the reality of the situation.

And how much of failed coaching and staff until you question the owner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com