• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:16 AM

Dolphins now have wallace, hartline and gibson.. leaving bess as the #4 wr making 2mil.. id take davone off their hands for a late round pick. he's a very very good slot reciever who has good hands. always have liked his game and he could be had for cheap. Won't be the next #1 but would be a solid 2/3 and i think could possibly push lafell.. murphy doesnt compare to davone bess. a 6th or 7th?

#2 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,006 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

I would definitely be interested

#3 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:17 AM

Would want

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Eh, nothing against Bess but we have enough 3rd-6th receivers (wouldn't beat out Smitty, a young guy we might take in the draft to be a possibly future #1, or Lafell). Any resources spent on a WR need to be spent on one toward the front of the WR line, not the middle or back, in my opinion.

#5 Cam2Ligit2Quit

Cam2Ligit2Quit

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

Eh, nothing against Bess but we have enough 3rd-6th receivers (wouldn't beat out Smitty, a young guy we might take in the draft to be a possibly future #1, or Lafell). Any resources spent on a WR need to be spent on one toward the front of the WR line, not the middle or back, in my opinion.

he said a 7th round not a 1st round. You make it sound like you can find a "front line wr" with a 7th round. Based off fact and history most picks after the 5th round barley makes the team. I will give a 6th or 7th for bess or any proven # 2, or 3 wr any day.

#6 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

I didn't say anything about 1st round pick. I'd rather our late picks spent on developmental OL or a Kicker or Punter that could start than another Louis Murphy deal. I'm not saying I'd hate it, I don't feel terribly strongly either way, but I'm just saying we have a logjam at middling WRs. We need talent at the top of our WR depth chart, not so much in the middle.

#7 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

We won't even sign middling WR' s in FA let alone go through the hassle of trading for one. I'm afraid this team is going to limp into next year with a half assed roster and a GM looking to hire his own coach. Not saying that's what it is, just saying that's what I feeling.

#8 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

I didn't say anything about 1st round pick. I'd rather our late picks spent on developmental OL or a Kicker or Punter that could start than another Louis Murphy deal. I'm not saying I'd hate it, I don't feel terribly strongly either way, but I'm just saying we have a logjam at middling WRs. We need talent at the top of our WR depth chart, not so much in the middle.

what we need and what we can get are 2 different discussions.. I think you may be undervaluing what Bess would bring to the table.

#9 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

what we need and what we can get are 2 different discussions.. I think you may be undervaluing what Bess would bring to the table.

Maybe. I was optimistic about Murphy last year, I'm trying to steer my optimism away from "maybe on a different team" WRs now though. He could very well be successful here, /shrug

#10 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:39 AM

The Dolphins haven't even made their decision on Bess yet. They may keep him.

He's in the same boat as LaFell and the rest, really. He is what he is, a likely WR3 ceiling who plays to a WR2 level at times.

#11 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,106 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'd be content going into this season with Smitty and LaFell on the outside with Bess in the slot.. I'd rather go with a 2 TE set, but at least we still have 2 solid weapons over the middle of the field..

obviously finding a true #1 would be ideal, but easier said than done..

#12 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I wouldn't mind picking him up but I don't think that it will happen. My gut tells me that we're going after a WR with our 1st pick.

#13 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

We need a #1 WR. If we're not getting someone that can fill that role in a couple years then do not want a WR.

#14 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sure.

#15 panthers34

panthers34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

would rather draft Tavon Austin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.