#1 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

In Cyprus

http://www.guardian....e-bailout-anger

European finance ministers have agreed an £8.7bn bailout for Cyprus which includes all Cypriot bank customers handing over up to 10% of their savings.
"As it is a contribution to the financial stability of Cyprus, it seems just to ask for a contribution of all deposit holders," the Dutch finance minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, who chaired the meeting in Brussels, told reporters.

This is pretty amazing on a bunch of levels. It's obviously a dangerous precedent. But the dutch guys saying it is "just" to take personal savings is beyond absurd.

#2 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

Don't worry, this will be coming to a state near you at some point.

#3 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:24 AM

All my money is buried in the backyard.

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Seems more fair than making the German citizens pay for another bailout.

#5 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

It's time for the government to sleep in the bed that they have made.

#6 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,240 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Please.

Germany has benefited greatly (more than any other country from a financial sense) from being in the EU despite the fact they want to act as if they are supporting every other country. Germany should be bailing out its fellow EU members.

http://www.businessi...eurozone-2011-4

#7 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

Don't worry, this will be coming to a state near you at some point.

No it won't. If you really think that something this absurd could transpire in the USA you need to have your head examined. Typical right-wing unfounded exaggeration. 'Gubbmint wants all mah guns, gubbmint wants mah freedom, gubbmint wants mah savings account'.

#8 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

No it won't. If you really think that something this absurd could transpire in the USA you need to have your head examined. Typical right-wing unfounded exaggeration. 'Gubbmint wants all mah guns, gubbmint wants mah freedom, gubbmint wants mah savings account'.

I wonder if the founding fathers could imagine a central government that spends 25% of the entire GDP of the nation they were founding.

Keep your head in the clouds....that's where they want it.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Remember when Hostess took their employee's pensions and nobody cared? Amazes me how blind some people are to bullshit because it's labeled 'corporate' instead of 'government.'

#10 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Remember when Hostess took their employee's pensions and nobody cared? Amazes me how blind some people are to bullshit because it's labeled 'corporate' instead of 'government.'

Psssssttttt....people like me think it's foolish to expect a pension, or social security. You better be taking care of yourself and your loved ones, and not expecting any company or government to do so.

Weak Sauce Rodeo.

#11 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

I wonder if the founding fathers could imagine a central government that spends 25% of the entire GDP of the nation they were founding.

Keep your head in the clouds....that's where they want it.

And what about our absurd defense budget? The USA spends more on national defense than the entire world combined. Think about that. For most conservative politicians the issue of military spending is a sacred cow that should remain untouched because of how much money they receive from companies that benefit from the absurd amount of money we spend on the military. There is so much fraud, waste and abuse that goes on the military (I witnessed it firsthand). So you keep swallowing the bullshit fed to you by the talking heads.

#12 Cage

Cage

Raging Misanthrope

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts
  • LocationNo Flex Zone

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Psssssttttt....people like me think it's foolish to expect a pension, or social security. You better be taking care of yourself and your loved ones, and not expecting any company or government to do so.

Weak Sauce Rodeo.

Are you insane? How is it fair to not expect something that you put money into?

#13 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

And what about our absurd defense budget? The USA spends more on national defense than the entire world combined. Think about that. For most conservative politicians the issue of military spending is a sacred cow that should remain untouched because of how much money they receive from companies that benefit from the absurd amount of money we spend on the military. There is so much fraud, waste and abuse that goes on the military (I witnessed it firsthand). So you keep swallowing the bullshit fed to you by the talking heads.

You aren't talking to a Pub here bub...I call for an outright 40% cut to all federal policies and budgets.

You could work up to that number over the next 5 years if needed, but I want a much smaller federal government, defense included.

Don't try to put me in a pile.

#14 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Are you insane? How is it fair to not expect something that you put money into?

That bolded word makes me realize that you are not only young, but naive as well.

#15 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,686 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Kind of rich calling someone naive while you pretend you've actually 'taken care of yourself.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com