Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Government takes personal savings accounts

54 posts in this topic

Posted

That's why we are bringing nc biscuit along...not a mod but a booby expert.

2 people like this

Posted

The hell you don't. Just like insurance costs that is money you are not getting directly as a wage.

The few companies that provide pensions (most do not anymore for cost reasons) are company paid. There are not pension contributions made the employees. It is a benefit cost for the company.

Unless you are saying that you would have a higher salary if they did not have a pension...which I assure you there are no salary increases that happen when pensions are killed.

Posted

The few companies that provide pensions (most do not anymore for cost reasons) are company paid. There are not pension contributions made the employees. It is a benefit cost for the company.

Unless you are saying that you would have a higher salary if they did not have a pension...which I assure you there are no salary increases that happen when pensions are killed.

What Del is saying is Yes that is true, but it is also factored into your compensation, thus it is your contribution, paid by the company, to compensate you for your work. So in theory you are paying it in, just not directly.

Posted

I just saw an article on this...

Isn't there a real risk here (no matter the other logical reasons for "holding people accoutanble" or whatever) of a run on the banks?

Posted

What Del is saying is Yes that is true, but it is also factored into your compensation, thus it is your contribution, paid by the company, to compensate you for your work. So in theory you are paying it in, just not directly.

My comment is that companies usually do not increase your compensation when pensions are killed.

Posted

Don't worry, this will be coming to a state near you at some point.

Nah, just ck your tax output lately.

It's already here.

Posted

I just saw an article on this...

Isn't there a real risk here (no matter the other logical reasons for "holding people accoutanble" or whatever) of a run on the banks?

It sounds like they are taking steps to avoid this. They have stopped wire transfers and the banks were closed over the weekend. People tried to take money out via ATM.

I'm sure there are lines today

Posted

It sounds like they are taking steps to avoid this. They have stopped wire transfers and the banks were closed over the weekend. People tried to take money out via ATM.

I'm sure there are lines today

That sounds awesome...

"You want your money? Ha ha, fug you!"

Posted

This is going to be a disaster for them....I wonder how it's going to affect world markets?

Posted

Remember when Hostess took their employee's pensions and nobody cared? Amazes me how blind some people are to bullshit because it's labeled 'corporate' instead of 'government.'

bc they are job creators...

Job-Creators-Feudalism.jpg

Posted

rodeo is totally cool with the government doing poo that he gets pissy over corporations for doing

not surprised

Posted

Nice flip.

Damned conservatives and their banker buddies in Cypress..

oh wait...