Photo
- - - - -

Panthro's "Hollow suit" theory date back to 02?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#11 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

JR is a good owner....if you are looking at it just as a business looking to make money.

He does whatever it takes to maximize his earnings and make his investors happy....and will try to win under whatever conditions that creates.

All owners aren't wired like that...sure being a successful business is always a priority....but winning and being a great NFL team gets them to make some slightly different decisions IMO. For example if Mark Cuban bought the Panthers....we would be much different in many different aspects. Wired different and his priorities are shifted differently

#12 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

JR is a good owner....if you are looking at it just as a business looking to make money.

None of us are looking at it that way, that's what is so annoying about him.

#13 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

any way you shake it profit over winning = terrible owner

#14 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:07 PM

From a legit fans perspective....not from the ownership group.

I'd rather have an owner that was more emotionally invested into winning and the actual football aspect. I'd want my owner to say we will take it on the chin...I am not having a lame duck Fox for 2010 and let Marty Hurney draft an entire class of players for an unknown coach, scheme, etc.

#15 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

The Panthers spend toward the Cap every year unlike Cincy etc..
Differenece is JR allows a complete football and Cap idiot like Hurney to run things years longer than he should have been.
Money is spent.
Stupidly.

The end result JR is a terrible owner if you're a fan no doubt regardless of profitability.

#16 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

TL;DR.

#17 natty

natty

HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm not one to defend JR, but Jenkins is an idiot. If that's the interview I think it is, then Jenkins was going on and on about how great the Jets are and how they 'treated him like a man'. Now we see that the Jets locker room spiraled into disarray. Perhaps Jenkins needed to be treated like a child, because he acted like a child. I don't take anything he says seriously since he has proven over and over again that he's a joke - a manchild.

#18 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

*sigh* these threads get old. If it were that easy to just "decide" we want to be good everyone would be.good.

I know the old argument of not having back to back winning seasons, but some of you jackholes act like the majority of the Fox era never happened.

People conveniently forget some of the injuries (specifically to Jake on a couple of occasions and Smitty) that was the real reason we didn't have back to back winning seasons not anything ownership did or did not do

#19 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

*sigh* these threads get old. If it were that easy to just "decide" we want to be good everyone would be.good.

I know the old argument of not having back to back winning seasons, but some of you jackholes act like the majority of the Fox era never happened.

People conveniently forget some of the injuries (specifically to Jake on a couple of occasions and Smitty) that was the real reason we didn't have back to back winning seasons not anything ownership did or did not do

You could argue....good teams don't have losing seasons bc of an injury to one stud player. Injury isn't something exclusive to us....all teams deal with it.

#20 magnus

magnus

Eternal Gameface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

there is no doubt that JR meddles. You could argue that it's his right.

And yeah, he's not "the owner". He's a non-majority owner who would be very difficult to overthrow, but who essentially has to bring a profit, and if possible, wins, in that order.

It's not a coincidence that, if he's unsure of a coach's continuance, he doesn't fully support that coach. Happened in 2001, 2010, may be happening now. He doesn't want to pay that extra year of contract. It wouldn't be at all surprising to know that the years the mantra was "we're returning 21 of 22", that type thing, that JR was behind that, or that grand gestures like sending Hurney and company to Miami to get CJ, DW, and other Rosenhaus clients (followed by the statement about not being cheap) were his.

It's not news that he meddles, it's just an argument of to what detriment. If, in the end, Fox asserted more dominance and control over the last few years of his tenure, those weren't the better part of his tenure. But, the team is definitely going through a rut that coincides with JR's assertion of power instead of his son Mark, and that's concerning to a point.
I never liked Mark, always wanted a football man at the President position. But, it started to work out, and you felt like things were being groomed. Now, you never know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users