117 replies to this topic

#1 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Now boys and girls comes the game we've been waiting for. In one corner you have the best team in the ACC, and the other you have Miami. The best two teams from the ACC representing in the championship game. With all the pretenders set aside we finally get to see some real basketball.

Dook fans and State fans are not permitted in this thread, as their teams choked and therefore their fans don't deserve to be heard from.

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

HEELS!!!!!

#3 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

Go Heels! Eat sh*t Duke!

#4 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

miami wins easily

boring

#5 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

And remember, win or lose...at least we made it there. Which is more than can be said of dook and state. Sure they were picked ahead of the Heels in every preseason ranking of the ACC, but we all knew the truth. Goodness will always shine forth.

#6 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

miami wins easily

boring

I smell cow poo. You are a State fan and I respectfully ask that you take your thoughts into the 2013 consolation thread.

#7 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

this doesn't deserve it's own thread

ibtl

#8 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

this doesn't deserve it's own thread

ibtl

Of course it does. This is the championship game. Every championship deserves it's own thread.

BTW...you missed the memo. You should visit here http://www.carolinah...olation-thread/

#9 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Less than 19 hours. I can't sleep a wink.

Well it is only 6 PM, but still the nerves are just fraying.

#10 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,284 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:23 PM

BUMP

Because it's the greatest thread on earth!!!

GO HEELS

F*ck Moo U and Asian Station

#11 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

18 and a half hours to go. Time seems to be creeping along slowly. But I guess it could be worse. I could be Sheik, Panthro, or whichever dook or state fan that is most likely sitting in a bathroom stall with a razor to their wrist. If only they'd have used our special condolence thread, think of the lives we could save.

#12 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Settle down there fellas, its only the ACC tourney. Though it is satisfying after all the obnoxious NIT talk earlier this season

#13 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

Settle down there fellas, its only the ACC tourney. Though it is satisfying after all the obnoxious NIT talk earlier this season

Exactly why I made this thread. They talked crap about Carolina all year, even though this was supposed to be a down year for us, and here we are...made it further than all of them. And believe me, if we make it further in the NCAA tourney, their crow pie will be made with extra sauce.

#14 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,393 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Exactly why I made this thread. They talked crap about Carolina all year, even though this was supposed to be a down year for us, and here we are...made it further than all of them. And believe me, if we make it further in the NCAA tourney, their crow pie will be made with extra sauce.

Eh. Carolina fans harp on this now that they've put together a solid team. Earlier in the year, it was doom and gloom NIT bound from most Carolina fans as well. Now that the tables have turned, so has that "excuse".

Carolina, rightfully so or not, was still preseason #11/12 in the polls. People want to harp on State for underachieving when they were ranked highly...ummm, Carolina fits that exact criteria do they not? With more top to bottom talent (rankings wise) and a better coach as well I might add. Sure, Carolina lost 4 lottery picks yada yada yada, Duke also lost Singler/Nolan/Irving and still never fell out of the Top 10 the following year.

Pick your narratives all you want to make your argument sound better, but this was only supposed to be a down year for Carolina once they sucked dick out of the gate and the bar lowered to NIT standards. Hopefully this didn't sound like sour grapes or something because Carolina deserves to be in the title game, but that part of your post that Carolina fans continue harping on as they've improved is just silly if you're going to judge other teams off of their preseason hype.

#15 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

Eh. Carolina fans harp on this now that they've put together a solid team. Earlier in the year, it was doom and gloom NIT bound from most Carolina fans as well. Now that the tables have turned, so has that "excuse".

Carolina, rightfully so or not, was still preseason #11/12 in the polls. People want to harp on State for underachieving when they were ranked highly...ummm, Carolina fits that exact criteria do they not? With more top to bottom talent (rankings wise) and a better coach as well I might add. Sure, Carolina lost 4 lottery picks yada yada yada, Duke also lost Singler/Nolan/Irving and still never fell out of the Top 10 the following year.

Pick your narratives all you want to make your argument sound better, but this was only supposed to be a down year for Carolina once they sucked dick out of the gate and the bar lowered to NIT standards. Hopefully this didn't sound like sour grapes or something because Carolina deserves to be in the title game, but that part of your post that Carolina fans continue harping on as they've improved is just silly if you're going to judge other teams off of their preseason hype.

I wasn't all doom and gloom. I did understand that we were ranked too highly to start off the year though. I've pretty much always thought we had the talent to be a top 3 team in the ACC, it was just a matter of putting it together, which Roy finally came to his senses and did that by inserting Hairston into the starting lineup. I mean come on. We had a freshman PG, no true post players. Hubert and James are the only true post players we have and they are very raw. Johnson is more polished but is just too small to play in the paint right now. Think real hard and tell me the last time that Carolina had no proven post players, and combine that with a freshman PG. You'll go back a long way. That's why the expectations were lower from most UNC fans. Not sure where the ranking came from preseason when you look at all I just said.

In any case, I've said before, and I'll say again, that a Sweet 16 showing is probably the ceiling for this group. I just don't see us putting together that many wins against top competition with very little time to prepare.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com