Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 ACC Championship Game

118 posts in this topic

Posted

Settle down there fellas, its only the ACC tourney. Though it is satisfying after all the obnoxious NIT talk earlier this season

Exactly why I made this thread. They talked crap about Carolina all year, even though this was supposed to be a down year for us, and here we are...made it further than all of them. And believe me, if we make it further in the NCAA tourney, their crow pie will be made with extra sauce.

Posted

Exactly why I made this thread. They talked crap about Carolina all year, even though this was supposed to be a down year for us, and here we are...made it further than all of them. And believe me, if we make it further in the NCAA tourney, their crow pie will be made with extra sauce.

Eh. Carolina fans harp on this now that they've put together a solid team. Earlier in the year, it was doom and gloom NIT bound from most Carolina fans as well. Now that the tables have turned, so has that "excuse".

Carolina, rightfully so or not, was still preseason #11/12 in the polls. People want to harp on State for underachieving when they were ranked highly...ummm, Carolina fits that exact criteria do they not? With more top to bottom talent (rankings wise) and a better coach as well I might add. Sure, Carolina lost 4 lottery picks yada yada yada, Duke also lost Singler/Nolan/Irving and still never fell out of the Top 10 the following year.

Pick your narratives all you want to make your argument sound better, but this was only supposed to be a down year for Carolina once they sucked dick out of the gate and the bar lowered to NIT standards. Hopefully this didn't sound like sour grapes or something because Carolina deserves to be in the title game, but that part of your post that Carolina fans continue harping on as they've improved is just silly if you're going to judge other teams off of their preseason hype.

Posted

Eh. Carolina fans harp on this now that they've put together a solid team. Earlier in the year, it was doom and gloom NIT bound from most Carolina fans as well. Now that the tables have turned, so has that "excuse".

Carolina, rightfully so or not, was still preseason #11/12 in the polls. People want to harp on State for underachieving when they were ranked highly...ummm, Carolina fits that exact criteria do they not? With more top to bottom talent (rankings wise) and a better coach as well I might add. Sure, Carolina lost 4 lottery picks yada yada yada, Duke also lost Singler/Nolan/Irving and still never fell out of the Top 10 the following year.

Pick your narratives all you want to make your argument sound better, but this was only supposed to be a down year for Carolina once they sucked dick out of the gate and the bar lowered to NIT standards. Hopefully this didn't sound like sour grapes or something because Carolina deserves to be in the title game, but that part of your post that Carolina fans continue harping on as they've improved is just silly if you're going to judge other teams off of their preseason hype.

I wasn't all doom and gloom. I did understand that we were ranked too highly to start off the year though. I've pretty much always thought we had the talent to be a top 3 team in the ACC, it was just a matter of putting it together, which Roy finally came to his senses and did that by inserting Hairston into the starting lineup. I mean come on. We had a freshman PG, no true post players. Hubert and James are the only true post players we have and they are very raw. Johnson is more polished but is just too small to play in the paint right now. Think real hard and tell me the last time that Carolina had no proven post players, and combine that with a freshman PG. You'll go back a long way. That's why the expectations were lower from most UNC fans. Not sure where the ranking came from preseason when you look at all I just said.

In any case, I've said before, and I'll say again, that a Sweet 16 showing is probably the ceiling for this group. I just don't see us putting together that many wins against top competition with very little time to prepare.

Posted

Well of course UNC was overrated in preseason polls, its UNC. Once it became apparent that this freshman class wasnt ready to take over (and everyone figured out that Mcadoo wasnt as good the hype he created filling in for injured John Henson), expectations dropped considerably.

I've been pleasantly surprised with the way this team turned out, but then again I didnt buy into the Mcadoo hype and I wait to see freshman play before I judge them

Posted

Of course hype changes after games have been played. Hindsight is 20/20. Knowing that, I'd also say that State's expectations should have and did drop considerably, but obviously that gets left out. Hell, Duke was ranked lower than UNC by SI for instance, but there's no talk of them overachieving. Not hating on UNC per se, just pointing out something that bothers me, and that ALL fan bases do.

Posted

Yeah its just human nature to overreact to the exciting games at the end of the season, like everyone assuming State would be a top 5 team after making a nice tourny run, or that Mcadoo was a top 10 pick (haha) because he had a few nice games filling in for Henson.

Things to keep in mind this time of year.

Posted

Are they actually going to make us play this game lol?

Getting kinda tired of giving you guys facials.

Posted

Carolina is hot. Miami is not.

UNC can win this game today. If they do, the case of who the best coach in the ACC will be closed.

For the record, I do think Miami will win.

Posted

Yeah its just human nature to overreact to the exciting games at the end of the season, like everyone assuming State would be a top 5 team after making a nice tourny run, or that Mcadoo was a top 10 pick (haha) because he had a few nice games filling in for Henson.

Things to keep in mind this time of year.

This is too reasonable for duke fans and the lone Miami "fan" to comprehend.

Posted

Carolina is hot. Miami is not.

UNC can win this game today. If they do, the case of who the best coach in the ACC will be closed.

For the record, I do think Miami will win.

You make absolutely no fugging sense, but what's new?

Too bad your ECU pirates aren't in the tourney. Hopefully you picked the right NC team to bandwagon on to.

Wanna suck me off before the game? Or is your girl free?

Posted

What I said doesn't make sense because you have the reading level of a 7th grader.

You'd rather talk about schlongs and sperm than talk about basketball.

I do not believe you have a high school diploma, barista.

Posted

You make absolutely no fugging sense, but what's new?

Too bad your ECU pirates aren't in the tourney. Hopefully you picked the right NC team to bandwagon on to.

Wanna suck me off before the game? Or is your girl free?

Bandwagon, eh?

Don't you live in Utah? How are YOU a Miami fan? I know for a FACT you didn't go there.

I bet you couldn't find the state of Florida if you had a map.