4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm really torn on who to cheer for...I hate both equally

haha. State and Duke fans have something in common today.

I'm going on record now and I do think Miami will win. Miami is a matchup nightmare for Carolina.

Carolina CAN win though. You've got to look at those losses Miami has. They have lost to poor teams.

#4 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

haha. State and Duke fans have something in common today.

I'm going on record now and I do think Miami will win. Miami is a matchup nightmare for Carolina.

Carolina CAN win though. You've got to look at those losses Miami has. They have lost to poor teams.

Do you not see how lame and unmanly that is of you?

You say you think Miami will win, so when they do you can act like you already knew what would happen and avoid getting your ass ripped open by me. But if UNC wins you will talk poo like you're an actual fan.

Go root for your ECU pirates and watch hot in Cleveland.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Do you not see how lame and unmanly that is of you?

You say you think Miami will win, so when they do you can act like you already knew what would happen and avoid getting your ass ripped open by me. But if UNC wins you will talk poo like you're an actual fan.

Go root for your ECU pirates and watch hot in Cleveland.

I know your new to this whole college hoops thing, but like I said Miami is a matchup nightmare for UNC.

Miami is laying 3.5 depending on what book you use. Seems a little low to me.

I'd also like to remind you that this is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best team Miami has ever had. They are one of the oldest teams in college basketball. They should win this game. They've been the strongest team in the ACC IMHO all season.

Miami has to win this year because they are losing all of their players whenever their season comes to an end. Not to mention the massive NCAA infractions that could be headed their way. They could be so damning that Missouri's team could feel it.

Carolina playing with house money today and the pressure is on the 'Canes.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,161 posts
  • Location704

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

Roy has to be fully grey by now with this group

Him benching those guys today was fuging classic

#7 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

And people say Roy can't coach.

Posted Image

#8 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

#9 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

Down year? Unc was preseason #11 and was picked to finish in the top 3 of the ACC. I would say 2010 was a down year when the NIT was the only tourney you got to play in.

#10 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:52 AM

Down year? Unc was preseason #11 and was picked to finish in the top 3 of the ACC. I would say 2010 was a down year when the NIT was the only tourney you got to play in.

A lot of people bring this up and my response is don't ever pay attention to preseason polls. When I saw that at the beginning of the season I really wondered why they even did that. I believe we were ranked preseason 2010 as well. It means nothing and expectation cannot be derived from that. I figured we would be a borderline NCAA team and was impressed with how we finished even though its not UNC basketball.

#11 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

A lot of people bring this up and my response is don't ever pay attention to preseason polls. When I saw that at the beginning of the season I really wondered why they even did that. I believe we were ranked preseason 2010 as well. It means nothing and expectation cannot be derived from that. I figured we would be a borderline NCAA team and was impressed with how we finished even though its not UNC basketball.

Agreed... I was surprised to see us ranked that high I figured if we were ranked we'd be around 20-23 but we're always over-hyped to start the season

#12 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

But those polls do make it so that fans either say their teams over or underachieved whether it's fair or not. I feel like if NC State is considered an underachiever then so should unc, both were ranked top 15 preseason but ended the season with 8 seeds. I feel like unc was a good team it just took roy too long to put his best 5 players on the court.

#13 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:05 AM

But those polls do make it so that fans either say their teams over or underachieved whether it's fair or not. I feel like if NC State is considered an underachiever then so should unc, both were ranked top 15 preseason but ended the season with 8 seeds. I feel like unc was a good team it just took roy too long to put his best 5 players on the court.

They are underachievers based on the fact that last year they went to the sweet sixteen with less than what they have now.

#14 bigcatdaddy

bigcatdaddy

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:13 AM

They are underachievers based on the fact that last year they went to the sweet sixteen with less than what they have now.

Different team, different year, and different tournament. It's just like the preseason rankings you can't take too much from it. Is next year going to be a bad year for FGCC if they don't make the sweet 16? No they are having a good run and anything can happen in the tourney.

#15 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Different team, different year, and different tournament. It's just like the preseason rankings you can't take too much from it. Is next year going to be a bad year for FGCC if they don't make the sweet 16? No they are having a good run and anything can happen in the tourney.

FGCC is overachieving they should expect less results next year. State had a lot of experienced talent come back and good talent come in going into Godfrey's second year. I think you base your expectations on your coaching, your experienced talent, and what you have coming in. State should have done better this year, but they did less with more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com