Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friendly Reminder

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

This is a down year for UNC basketball.

hi-res-6926392_display_image.jpg?1363126456

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm really torn on who to cheer for...I hate both equally

Posted · Report post

I'm really torn on who to cheer for...I hate both equally

haha. State and Duke fans have something in common today.

I'm going on record now and I do think Miami will win. Miami is a matchup nightmare for Carolina.

Carolina CAN win though. You've got to look at those losses Miami has. They have lost to poor teams.

Posted · Report post

haha. State and Duke fans have something in common today.

I'm going on record now and I do think Miami will win. Miami is a matchup nightmare for Carolina.

Carolina CAN win though. You've got to look at those losses Miami has. They have lost to poor teams.

Do you not see how lame and unmanly that is of you?

You say you think Miami will win, so when they do you can act like you already knew what would happen and avoid getting your ass ripped open by me. But if UNC wins you will talk poo like you're an actual fan.

Go root for your ECU pirates and watch hot in Cleveland.

Posted · Report post

Do you not see how lame and unmanly that is of you?

You say you think Miami will win, so when they do you can act like you already knew what would happen and avoid getting your ass ripped open by me. But if UNC wins you will talk poo like you're an actual fan.

Go root for your ECU pirates and watch hot in Cleveland.

I know your new to this whole college hoops thing, but like I said Miami is a matchup nightmare for UNC.

Miami is laying 3.5 depending on what book you use. Seems a little low to me.

I'd also like to remind you that this is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best team Miami has ever had. They are one of the oldest teams in college basketball. They should win this game. They've been the strongest team in the ACC IMHO all season.

Miami has to win this year because they are losing all of their players whenever their season comes to an end. Not to mention the massive NCAA infractions that could be headed their way. They could be so damning that Missouri's team could feel it.

Carolina playing with house money today and the pressure is on the 'Canes.

Posted · Report post

Roy has to be fully grey by now with this group

Him benching those guys today was fuging classic

Posted · Report post

And people say Roy can't coach.

2473273-page0_blog_entry34_mj_laughing1.gif

Posted · Report post

386556_421917884569377_628423072_n.jpg

Posted · Report post

Down year? Unc was preseason #11 and was picked to finish in the top 3 of the ACC. I would say 2010 was a down year when the NIT was the only tourney you got to play in.

Posted · Report post

Down year? Unc was preseason #11 and was picked to finish in the top 3 of the ACC. I would say 2010 was a down year when the NIT was the only tourney you got to play in.

A lot of people bring this up and my response is don't ever pay attention to preseason polls. When I saw that at the beginning of the season I really wondered why they even did that. I believe we were ranked preseason 2010 as well. It means nothing and expectation cannot be derived from that. I figured we would be a borderline NCAA team and was impressed with how we finished even though its not UNC basketball.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

A lot of people bring this up and my response is don't ever pay attention to preseason polls. When I saw that at the beginning of the season I really wondered why they even did that. I believe we were ranked preseason 2010 as well. It means nothing and expectation cannot be derived from that. I figured we would be a borderline NCAA team and was impressed with how we finished even though its not UNC basketball.

Agreed... I was surprised to see us ranked that high I figured if we were ranked we'd be around 20-23 but we're always over-hyped to start the season

Posted · Report post

But those polls do make it so that fans either say their teams over or underachieved whether it's fair or not. I feel like if NC State is considered an underachiever then so should unc, both were ranked top 15 preseason but ended the season with 8 seeds. I feel like unc was a good team it just took roy too long to put his best 5 players on the court.