Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nnamdi asomugha visiting Saints

37 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm going to love it when every team in our division is in complete cap hell for a few years and we are the only team sitting pretty cap wise

New Orleans is already in as poor cap position as we are

What is it going to take for you people to get it?

This team sits, because it wants to sit. Not because it has to.

Posted

I'm going to love it when every team in our division is in complete cap hell for a few years and we are the only team sitting pretty cap wise

And the #1 draft pick.....again.....

Posted

I hope they spend their smallish cap space on 32 year old cbs.

New Orleans is starting to fall back to where they were. They are aging out and I dont see the fresh blood they need to keep it going.

Posted

New Orleans is already in as poor cap position as we are

What is it going to take for you people to get it?

This team sits, because it wants to sit. Not because it has to.

Or maybe because they got guys to take huge pay cuts and now have more cap space than us?

Posted

And the #1 draft pick.....again.....

Clowney would be worth it.

We might as well. Shula is our OC and we're facing the toughest schedule in the NFL.

Posted

Or maybe because they got guys to take huge pay cuts and now have more cap space than us?

lol just how much do you think that netted them?

And that's all completely disconnected from the fact that if we had any desire to create cap space we very well could.

Posted

And that's all completely disconnected from the fact that if we had any desire to create cap space we very well could.

More than enough to sign the guys they wanted. Plus they are a more attractive team to most FA's than the Panthers.

I don't think JR wants to go in rebuild mode. If we did, we'd see a lot more cuts in an effort to create space. It would also create more dead money and mess up future years.(already over next year's cap)

Posted

look at who oaklands DC was, then look at who saints DC is.

Posted

He doesn't suck. But he isn't that good, either. His speed is declining rapidly and he is no longer that elite man corner that he once was (and considering he's worthless in zone, that tells you all you need to know).

If Saints sign him for cheap, it is a good sign. If they sign him assuming he'll return to 2008 form, the rest of the NFC South will laugh at them.

Posted

Hahah Who needs Aso when you have Josh Norman.

Posted

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/73880/vilma-smith-took-massive-pay-cuts

Uhh... It netted them roughly $10 mil!

Posted

And what trophy do you get for that?