58 replies to this topic

#46 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

Such parity. Brackets ... get ready to look like garbage.

#47 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hate seeing creighton as the 7 seed. They are unbelievably tough if McDermott is on. That will be a tough match up for duke

#48 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

ACC as a whole gets screwed, although State is an 8 like I expected. Also, I kind of like the Indiana match-up and probably pick State over them in my homer bracket.

Thought UNC would be a 6 or 7, they're done against KU

Duke's bracket is absolutely loaded. Creighton won't be easy and I'm guessing they lose to Michigan State. Izzo's teams come to play in the tourney.

Miami is the wildcard. I honestly could see them getting upset or could see them going to the Final Four. No clue honestly.

#49 BigBoss

BigBoss

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

As a duke fan, bring it on. Look guys, this year shaped up to be one of the toughest brackets in a long time so no matter what, I expected everybody to get a tough draw, duke included. Miami should have been 1 seed. Get ready for insanity gentlemen.

#50 beckersteen

beckersteen

Nihilum

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  • LocationConcord

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

As a duke fan, bring it on. Look guys, this year shaped up to be one of the toughest brackets in a long time so no matter what, I expected everybody to get a tough draw, duke included. Miami should have been 1 seed. Get ready for insanity gentlemen.

Indeed :)

#51 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

New Mexico will be the "surprise" team this year. I'm pretty sure they're one of the 3-4 teams everyone is picking to make a deep run, and they're a 3 seed so it's not even THAT big, but still.

Bold Predictions:
  • Creighton won't even win their first game.
  • SLU very well could beat Louisville.
  • Minnesota is the biggest first round upset.
  • I could see both State and UNC pulling off the upsets against their respective #1's, and I also give Mizzou a decent shot against theirs.
  • K-State beats Zaga.
  • Butler beats Marquette.
  • VCU could make another deep run.
  • Memphis has a legit shot at Elite Eight, and will beat at least Michigan St.

I'll stop there.

#52 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

I like st louis as well. I could see both marquette and butler losing round one. Fgcu will give georgetown a good game.

#53 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Have to disagree with you on Memphis going to Elite 8. Memphis had no really good wins this year. They went undefeated in conference, but they didn't really do much OOC. They a pretty good team, but I don't think they are nearly good enough to make it to the Elite 8.

#54 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:19 PM

lol, good luck with Creighton in round 2 duke. When they are overmatched they play dirty- ask Kendall Marshall's wrist

#55 Munch4455

Munch4455

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Duke fan here as many of you know. Its sad to see how UNC and Duke both got pretty screwed with their seedings. Starting with UNC, an 8 seed? Really? 6/10 of your losses were to top 5 teams(Duke(2), Miami(3) and Indiana(1)) another loss to NC State, a tourney bound team. Only one really bad loss all year (Texas) and its absolutely ridiculous that you ended up an 8. I thought they way you have played since moving to a 4 guard lineup was good enough to get you a 4 or 5 seed to be completely honest. BTW you finished the season with an RPI ranking of 16. Talking to my cousin, a huge UNC fan(and UNC Alum), and he said he looked it up and your record and metrics are better than every single 7 seed. Try and tell me that the NCAA isn't a corrupt money grab if I have ever seen one. Lets be real, only reason you are an 8 is to create the match-up with Kansas.

Now to Duke, am I disappointed that we aren't a 1 seed, absolutely. Mad about it, no. I get that you can't really give a 1 seed to a team that didn't win the regular season title or tourney. What I find ridiculous is that we were the WORST 2 seed. Meaning to the committee, we somehow graded out as the 8th best team in the country, even after finishing out the season #1 in the RPI(3rd in the BPI).

The horrible lopsidedness of these brackets are what caused all this. South has Kansas, Georgetown, Florida, Michigan, 4 teams that within 2 weeks ago were all in contention for a #1 seed. Midwest is the same but not as bad, Louisville, Duke, Michigan St were all in the running for 1 seeds 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile West has Gonzaga and Ohio State(both of whom I think are severely overrated) and then New Mexico State as the 3 and Kansas State as the 4? No one other than Gonzaga has been projected to be a 1 seed in months. At this point I would much rather have Duke be a 3 or 4 in the West than a 2 in the Midwest or South, that is how much of a joke these brackets have become.

#56 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,395 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Duke fan here as many of you know. Its sad to see how UNC and Duke both got pretty screwed with their seedings. Starting with UNC, an 8 seed? Really? 6/10 of your losses were to top 5 teams(Duke(2), Miami(3) and Indiana(1)) another loss to NC State, a tourney bound team. Only one really bad loss all year (Texas) and its absolutely ridiculous that you ended up an 8. I thought they way you have played since moving to a 4 guard lineup was good enough to get you a 4 or 5 seed to be completely honest. BTW you finished the season with an RPI ranking of 16. Talking to my cousin, a huge UNC fan(and UNC Alum), and he said he looked it up and your record and metrics are better than every single 7 seed. Try and tell me that the NCAA isn't a corrupt money grab if I have ever seen one. Lets be real, only reason you are an 8 is to create the match-up with Kansas.

Now to Duke, am I disappointed that we aren't a 1 seed, absolutely. Mad about it, no. I get that you can't really give a 1 seed to a team that didn't win the regular season title or tourney. What I find ridiculous is that we were the WORST 2 seed. Meaning to the committee, we somehow graded out as the 8th best team in the country, even after finishing out the season #1 in the RPI(3rd in the BPI).

The horrible lopsidedness of these brackets are what caused all this. South has Kansas, Georgetown, Florida, Michigan, 4 teams that within 2 weeks ago were all in contention for a #1 seed. Midwest is the same but not as bad, Louisville, Duke, Michigan St were all in the running for 1 seeds 2 weeks ago. Meanwhile West has Gonzaga and Ohio State(both of whom I think are severely overrated) and then New Mexico State as the 3 and Kansas State as the 4? No one other than Gonzaga has been projected to be a 1 seed in months. At this point I would much rather have Duke be a 3 or 4 in the West than a 2 in the Midwest or South, that is how much of a joke these brackets have become.

They actually had Duke at 6th overall, but put them with L'ville for "travel reasons" instead of following the S-Curve. The NCAA, where nothing makes sense.

#57 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,355 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Debating even filling out a bracket this year, I'll probably do one online that way the only way to trash it is if I throw my computer away.

#58 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

I GOT THE MADNESS

Posted Image

Julian Gamble is my fugging boy.

Got sloshed in Coral Gables together last night.

[]__[]

edit: nobody will do this for me, but if anyone could slap a "U mad?" Text over that gif when gamble pops up will forever be free of smack talk.

#59 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

Travis ford the coach of Okst learned all he knows from Rick Pitino. Should be Louisvilles greatest challenge on thier way to winning the championship for the state of Kentucky. Should be a good game for all basketball fans(ecspecially the kentucky haters)...,if they get there? Little known fact for those filling out brackets

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MARCH MADNESS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com