Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let me tell you why I suck as a GM (derived from the greatest sales movie of all time)

37 posts in this topic

Posted

Gettleman: Hey, what's your name?

Panthro: Helen.

Gettleman: That's nice, you look like a Helen. Helen, we're both in sales. Let me tell you why I suck as a GM. Let's say I go into a free agents office, let's say he's even remotely interested in playing for the Panthers in a half empty stadium filled with khakis and sweater vests and opposing fans. Well then I get all excited. I'm like Jojo the idiot circus boy with a pretty new pet. Now the pet is my possible RG or DT solution. Hello there pretty little pet, I love you. And then I stoke it, and I pet it, and I massage it. Hehe I love it, I love my little naughty pet. You're naughty! And then I take my naughty pet and I go...phaaaaaaap here is a one year deal for less money than anybody else is offering because Mary Hurney f*cking sucked and JR perpetuated it! Uuuuuuh! I killed it! I killed my free agent signing!!!!!!! And that's when I blow it. That's when people like us have gotta forge ahead, Helen. Am I right?

God, you're sick. Tell ya what, I'll go turn the fryers back on and throw on some defensive tackles for you.

Posted

God, you're sick. Tell ya what, I'll go turn the fryers back on and throw on some defensive tackles for you.

Finally somebody that appreciates a damned fine gem of a thread.

Posted

People wear sweater vests in North Carolina? And khakis by choice?

Posted

I can get a good look at a QB by sticking my head up Cam's ass, but I'd rather take Jimmy Clausen's word for it.

Posted

Only at Tarheel basketball games and Panther football games.

Posted

I've always enjoyed this one...

">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Posted

I've always enjoyed this one...

">

Posted

I can get a good look at a QB by sticking my head up Cam's ass, but I'd rather take Jimmy Clausen's word for it.

win

Posted

Only at Tarheel basketball games and Panther football games.

What do you expect from the financial institution capital of the country?

Logo T's and tear-away warm-ups? Jerseys and those tiger striped pants from the early 90's? Hipsters?

But seriously, yeah, too many yuppies.

Would like to not get "the stare" from a sweater clad pencil pusher when I yell

"Buccaneers are fuggin Queers" at the top of my voice.

Posted

when i have to wear pants and I'm not working outside, its always khakis. good for anything.

Posted

Gettleman jut needs to remember chicken wings when trying to sell FA on the Panthers

Posted

Everyone go home. Cary Kollins won the thread.