Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rscott94

Greg Hardy Is Seeking A Contract Extension

117 posts in this topic

I'd go ahead and give him an extension if he's looking for around $6 million a year. If it's clear that he's holding out for $10+ then I'd have to consider trading him. You really need to talk with him and find out where things are, you don't want to just let him hit free agency and see what happens.

can we even afford that and pay CJ? where we going to get money to pay other guys at other positions? significant cuts need to be made for even contracts like that to happen.

All I know is that gettleman comes from an organization that is pretty good at placing a proper value on players, which I've said before.

Like the OP said, I understand why he wants to talk extension coming off a career season... but with 3 million in cap space, what does he expect the Panthers to do?

Like the OP said, I understand why he wants to talk extension coming off a career season... but with 3 million in cap space, what does he expect the Panthers to do?

can you imagine what it would look like if hardy had actually been voted into the pro-bowl?

we have a chance of this being a modest extension, but if he had been voted to the pro-bowl there's no way that we would be looking at anything close to reasonable in contract demands...which is a lot of the reason that i absolutely hate the pro-bowl. it does nothing concrete to benefit a team. it can only cause problems for contract negotiations.

Maybe we're taking a DE in the first.

You're all nutcases. Trade? Cut? Bah, what are you stupid? Gett Dawg got this. He may extend him this offseason, and if he does he'll find a way to make it work. Extending him right now would be the cheaper deal, honestly. He could choose a brand new deal next offseason, but that's riskier and will probably be more expensive. I would opt for option A myself. Cheaper and less risk. Just have to make a little room to do it, which could be done with not too much difficulty.

You're all nutcases. Trade? Cut? Bah, what are you stupid? Gett Dawg got this. He may extend him this offseason, and if he does he'll find a way to make it work. Extending him right now would be the cheaper deal, honestly. He could choose a brand new deal next offseason, but that's riskier and will probably be more expensive. I would opt for option A myself. Cheaper and less risk. Just have to make a little room to do it, which could be done with not too much difficulty.

His agent isn't going to let him just get a cheap deal no matter the market. If the Panther's offer is that low, he'll just wait and play free agency. Hardy's had good pass rush statistics the last two seasons, one had the sacks and the other one didn't. He'll get a paycheck somewhere between CJ's and Kruger's deal.

good luck.

silver lining: it's a sign he does want to remain in charlotte

A sign he wants to get paid...

good luck.

He's got Drew Rosenhaus, don't need anymore luck then that. Produce on the field and Rosenhaus will get you big money. Just ask CJ, Bowman or Gronkowski.

I'd honestly rather have our RB money tied up into top 5 D-line in the NFL money... sigh... and I wouldn't even mind.