Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(Joe P exclusive)The Gettle speaks: Understands our frustrations

123 posts in this topic

Posted

Not to worried least we ain't Dallas with that 50,000 cap space left..

Posted

In all honesty, who thought he was going to come in and we'd be Superbowl contenders this coming season. Lets get real. Be patient, and eventually we will be. Look at what the Niners went through to get to where they are now.. years and years of mediocrity. Hopefully won't take that long, but we gotta be patient. In Gettleman I trust.

Years and years of mediocrity describes our franchise. Our entire existence has been below average pockmarked by a few hilites.

The 49ers were probably the best franchise from 1981 to 2002. Looks like 19/22 winning seasons or so during that time and now back to back playoff appearances in 2011 and 2012.

We have yet to string together two winning seasons.

There is something inherently different in the two franchises.

You tell me what it is.

Posted

Hurney screwed us and Gettleman screwed Hurney job oppurtunities.

Posted

What about my post said I was blaming anything on him? I am not upset or happy at this point as it is too early but I am not going to give him a free pass to suck for a year or 2 or 3 because of those contracts.

Okay, defending Hurney, while not giving a Gettleman a free pass. hmmmm yeah, you're related to Hurney somehow.

Posted

Okay, defending Hurney, while not giving a Gettleman a free pass. hmmmm yeah, you're related to Hurney somehow.

How do you take that as defending Hurney? Whatever he did is water under the bridge. Get over it. We can dwell on the past all you guys want and use that as en excuse to feel better in the event that Gettleman does not improve this team.

Posted

Years and years of mediocrity describes our franchise. Our entire existence has been below average pockmarked by a few hilites.

You tell me what it is.

Oh, right. Forgot the Niners and Panthers were created in the same year. 10 years of Hurney has caused a lot of damage for a team so young.

Posted

This is a blessing in disguise. It is all but certain that Rivera will not be our coach in 2014.

1 person likes this

Posted

What about my post said I was blaming anything on him? I am not upset or happy at this point as it is too early but I am not going to give him a free pass to suck for a year or 2 or 3 because of those contracts.

You just seemed to be inferring it. Especially when you said Hurney could have gotten Jordan to resctructure. That's all i meant by it.

Posted

You guys mince words so bad its not even funny.

So here we go 1 sentence at a time to make it easier on some of you guys(not trying to be an asshole and start some internet beef so please nobody take it that way okay :)).

Let me be clear. We are in a shitty cap situation and thats because of the contract's Hurney signed.

Dwelling on Hurney's shortcoming's in every thread will not make our situation any better.

I am not down and out on Gettleman yet.

However I do not like the fact that Gettleman was quick to re-sign Brockel, Harstock,Senn and even considered signing the likes of Frank Omiyale and Chris Williams who are not better than anyone on our team from what I have read and see when looking at Pro Football Focus stats.

I know we have little money to spend, so why waste any of it on the guys I just mentioned, when he specifically said he's going to set us up for bpa in the draft and says we need to imrpove the bottom of the roster as well.

Lastly there are guys at the bottom of the roster, of which he mentioned improving that can be cut,cause 0 dead money in the future and allow us more room to make moves.

Posted

"This team is a fuging mess and I'm doing my damnedest to fix it" Don Gettleman

Posted

1143247.jpg

Posted

You just seemed to be inferring it. Especially when you said Hurney could have gotten Jordan to resctructure. That's all i meant by it.

Only inferred Hurney could get Jordan to restructure because he has a history of doing such. Hurney got his "cap genius" label from doing this sort of thing in the past.

This board will go psycho on you if mention the name Hurney without mentioning your hate for him, desire to kill him, that we are screwed forever because of him, etc.