#16 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Why hasn't Beason been approached about a renegotatiation?

#17 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,113 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

So a punchers chance is saying we might get lucky as we wont have the biggest offer but for example might guarantee starting time versus being a backup elsewhere. The odds may not favor us but we might be his best choice if money isn't the only factor.

#18 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Don't really know what some of you expect from him at this point. He didn't put us in the mess we are in and if you thought we were gonna just go out and sign whoever we wanted is crazy. Give the man some time to put his stamp on things before declaring him hurney 2.0

#19 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,113 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Why hasn't Beason been approached about a renegotatiation?

who says he hasn't? I figure Gross was made public because if he is released being so popular there would have to be an explanation

#20 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

This is the same guy who said he would use free agency to fill holes so we could go bpa in the draft.- He has not verbally back pedaled on this statement yet, but some of you gladly will let him because its so fun to blame everything on Hurney.

He also said if your not improving the bottom part of your roster you not improving. -Resigning Hartsock,Brockel, Senn, and bring in the likes of Frank Omiyale and Chris Williams is not improving poo. There's plenty of players at the bottom of the roster who could be cut to create some more breathing room as well to allow us to get some imrpovements in here.

He also said he told Rivera if they do this right him and JR will be holding up the Lombardi. -Think about that for a second. The team has to improve or at least the win-loss record must imrpove for Rivera to deserve to keep his job. If we go backwards at all then theres no way he's hoisting up a Lombardi with us ever.

This guy has done nothing thus far to differ himself from what we saw under Hurn dog. I'd even argue something would have been worked out with Gross by now if Hurney was still here.

I have made no firm judgements on him as of yet but seems some of you will give him a free pass no matter what and just blame everything on Hurney.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,737 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

This is the same guy who said he would use free agency to fill holes so we could go bpa in the draft.- He has not verbally back pedaled on this statement yet, but some of you gladly will let him because its so fun to blame everything on Hurney.

He also said if your not improving the bottom part of your roster you not improving. -Resigning Hartsock,Brockel, Senn, and bring in the likes of Frank Omiyale and Chris Williams is not improving poo.

He also said he told Rivera if they do this right him and JR will be holding up the Lombardi. -Think about that for a second. The team has to improve or at least the win-loss record must imrpove for Rivera to deserve to keep his job. If we go backwards at all then theres no way he's hoisting up a Lombardi with us ever.

This guy has done nothing thus far to differ himself from what we saw under Hurn dog. I'd even argue something would have been worked out with Gross by now if Hurney was still here.

We have no money dude...we can't make significant progress, when we have contracts like Beasons, Dwills, Godfreys, J-Stews. I'm very concerned about this team. But blaming any of this on Gettleman is preposterous.

#22 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,779 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

Wanting Hurney back will buy you an instant ticket to the City of Lost Credibility.

#23 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Can we start referring to the "hurney era" as "the Hernia". Its fitting.

#24 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

We have no money dude...we can't make significant progress, when we have contracts like Beasons, Dwills, Godfreys, J-Stews. I'm very concerned about this team. But blaming any of this on Gettleman is preposterous.

What about my post said I was blaming anything on him? I am not upset or happy at this point as it is too early but I am not going to give him a free pass to suck for a year or 2 or 3 because of those contracts.

#25 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Not to worried least we ain't Dallas with that 50,000 cap space left..

#26 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,536 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

In all honesty, who thought he was going to come in and we'd be Superbowl contenders this coming season. Lets get real. Be patient, and eventually we will be. Look at what the Niners went through to get to where they are now.. years and years of mediocrity. Hopefully won't take that long, but we gotta be patient. In Gettleman I trust.

Years and years of mediocrity describes our franchise. Our entire existence has been below average pockmarked by a few hilites.

The 49ers were probably the best franchise from 1981 to 2002. Looks like 19/22 winning seasons or so during that time and now back to back playoff appearances in 2011 and 2012.

We have yet to string together two winning seasons.

There is something inherently different in the two franchises.

You tell me what it is.

#27 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Hurney screwed us and Gettleman screwed Hurney job oppurtunities.

#28 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,091 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

What about my post said I was blaming anything on him? I am not upset or happy at this point as it is too early but I am not going to give him a free pass to suck for a year or 2 or 3 because of those contracts.

Okay, defending Hurney, while not giving a Gettleman a free pass. hmmmm yeah, you're related to Hurney somehow.

#29 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

Okay, defending Hurney, while not giving a Gettleman a free pass. hmmmm yeah, you're related to Hurney somehow.

How do you take that as defending Hurney? Whatever he did is water under the bridge. Get over it. We can dwell on the past all you guys want and use that as en excuse to feel better in the event that Gettleman does not improve this team.

#30 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Years and years of mediocrity describes our franchise. Our entire existence has been below average pockmarked by a few hilites.

You tell me what it is.

Oh, right. Forgot the Niners and Panthers were created in the same year. 10 years of Hurney has caused a lot of damage for a team so young.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.