#61 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

Eff that. If we go WR at 14 it better be CP84.

but Todd McShay just said on Sportscenter today that Cordorelle Patterson doesn't know how to play WR

#62 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

I honestly think that we will draft one these Lane Johnson/Tavon Austin/DT and maybe Dee Milliner if for some reason he falls that far. Which he won't.

#63 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,596 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm laughing at those who are suggesting we trade down. Gettleman implied that he won't be trading down (believes in the BPA philosophy) the day he arrived to the Panthers' facilities and held a press conference.

#64 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I honestly think that we will draft one these Lane Johnson/Tavon Austin/DT and maybe Dee Milliner if for some reason he falls that far. Which he won't.

I just listened to the First Draft podcast with Kiper and McShay. They seem to think Milliner will be gone in the first five picks, and Rhodes/Trufant aren't worthy of a first round pick at all. They pretty much said Carolina's pick should come down to Richardson or Austin. Again, I vote Richarson.
If Lane Johnson falls, there's no way we pass him up, I'd say.

#65 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,574 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yeah that's crazy to compare 2 special team slot wr to each other.

Yeah it is when someone is a projected 1st round draft pick that experts are comparing to Harvin, Cobb and or D-Jax, and the other is somewhere on the bench hardly being able to hang with AE, much less hang on to the ball.

#66 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

We are actually not at a bad spot for a trade down. New Orleans, moving to the 3-4, will desparately need an edge rusher, same with several other teams. Love to see Pittsburgh move up in front of NO. Whatever we could get at 14, we can get at 17.

#67 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

LOL fug MCGAY.

These fuging expert scouts, are wrong a 1000 fuging times a year, just like us wannabes lol....

I hope Gettleman has his own fuging brain and makes the best move he feels that will propel the team forward.

#68 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

just stop

#69 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yeah it is when someone is a projected 1st round draft pick that experts are comparing to Harvin, Cobb and or D-Jax, and the other is somewhere on the bench hardly being able to hang with AE, much less hang on to the ball.

So just because Dwayne Jarret was taken in the 2nd round and Marques Colston was taken in the 7th round they are not comparable type players? Not to mention that Colston way out performed Jarret. So it really doesn't matter what round they were drafted. What does when a player is drafted have to do with they type of player they are and the Job your expecting them to do? Colston and Jarret are 2 big possession WR's types. Adams and Austin are short quick slot wr's/Special returners. That what I'm comparing.

If we go by your standard Calling Austin the next Steve Smith should never be said. Steve was a 3rd round pick remember?

I was comparing the job we would ask the player to do not the player. So my point was why would we use a top 15 pick on a player to do the same job we drafted a player last year to do. The fact we don't know if he can do it yet is the Former OC's and Rivera's weird "doghouse" rules faults. Not the player. I'd rather find out what we have in Adams as a slot WR and Special team returner before we use a high pick on Austin to do the same thing.

#70 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Tavon Austin

#71 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,574 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

So just because Dwayne Jarret was taken in the 2nd round and Marques Colston was taken in the 7th round they are not comparable type players? Not to mention that Colston way out performed Jarret. So it really doesn't matter what round they were drafted. What does when a player is drafted have to do with they type of player they are and the Job your expecting them to do? Colston and Jarret are 2 big possession WR's types. Adams and Austin are short quick slot wr's/Special returners. That what I'm comparing.

If we go by your standard Calling Austin the next Steve Smith should never be said. Steve was a 3rd round pick remember?

I was comparing the job we would ask the player to do not the player. So my point was why would we use a top 15 pick on a player to do the same job we drafted a player last year to do. The fact we don't know if he can do it yet is the Former OC's and Rivera's weird "doghouse" rules faults. Not the player. I'd rather find out what we have in Adams as a slot WR and Special team returner before we use a high pick on Austin to do the same thing.

It's no so much about round as it is skill set, but you probably already knew that (but just trying to manufacture a debate with me, like you obviously love to do :sword:).

And, no, no one should be called "the next Steve Smith." That's sacrilege.

I understand your take, but it may be a case of Adams actually deserving to be in the dog house, and the expectations for Adams were never ever to the level of Austin's.

BTW, Colston came out balling from the jump. He took advantage of his opportunity. Jarrett not so much. Likewise, Adams did not seize his opportunity to make an impact, or at least a good impression, during his first year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com