#1 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

Today it was pouring down rain all day and I was driving along a major highway about to merge onto a different highway. The interchange was lazily and poorly engineered, but that's beside the point. I went to make the left turn and my car slid, thus I lost control. I hit the curb at about a 45 degree angle with the passenger side front wheel. The car will drive, but barely. It pulls hard to the left. The wheel is pushed back to about an inch from the back of the wheel well and the link between the stabilizer bar and the control arm snapped off. I also think I broke a brake line, as the brake pedal sometimes hits the floor when I go to brake. The rim is pretty scraped, but the tire surprisingly did not puncture. I think it could be either a bent control arm or, at worst (please GOD no), a bent subframe. Any idea on what to do and what it will cost? Thanks

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

speaking from personal experience, it's likely fuged up the control arm, and you might want to get your wheel hubs and tie rods checked.

plus you should really get the tire checked out

#3 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

also in addition to that see a mechanic you trust

#4 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

The good news is you probably did nothing to the frame as the front suspension and steering components took all the energy of the impact.

The bad news is fixing it all could still get you into a couple G's.

#5 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,007 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:44 AM

If you are losing brake pressure you probably shouldn't be driving it.

#6 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,247 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:23 AM

Probaly bent the steering rack/tie rod end. Front hub assy and any links to the front subframe assy.
You didn't mention what type of car it is, if it has a seperate front lower subframe assy you might have tweaked that as well.
You might have broken a brake line or damaged the caliper so dont drive it anymore.
If you have insurance this will probably be worth filing a claim on as it will cost you some bucks unless you get parts from a junk yard and do it yourself.
G/L!

#7 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,121 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

It's a 2000 Honda Accord. I do have collision insurance so if the repair estimates are more than $1000 I might file a claim. I didn't file a police report though so that might hurt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com