Photo
- - - - -

Ladies (and guys looking for gifts for their ladies)...my GF just started her own handmade jewelry line

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:06 AM

She's been making these wire-wrapped industrial style pieces for years now. You can find the stuff she has for sale at her ETSY PAGE. She will also take requests if there's something you'd like custom made.

Feel free to like her facebook page. Any feedback will be relayed to her!

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • 5,770 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I was going to buy something for my girlfriend and then I saw the price for a necklace. Very nice work though I will definetly buy won inbthe future but money is tight right now.

#3 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:33 AM

I was going to buy something for my girlfriend and then I saw the price for a necklace. Very nice work though I will definetly buy won inbthe future but money is tight right now.

That's the price of handmade stuff...she spends 12+ hours on one piece sometimes. The earrings are more economically priced though.

#4 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Have her find local boutiques and start getting her stuff in stock. I'm willing to bet Austin is full of them, it being a hippy granola eating town and all.

#5 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

It looks cool.

She may be undercharging btw. If some are taking her 12 hours and are $120 that's only $10 an hour. I would pry charge based on $20-$25 an hour.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

This girl went to HS with me and started her own jewelry company and it has literally blown up

Look at their pricing ...it hasnt changed much since they started.

http://www.holstandlee.com/

#7 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

Have her find local boutiques and start getting her stuff in stock. I'm willing to bet Austin is full of them, it being a hippy granola eating town and all.

She's approached some artist collectives in town but they charge for renting the space. She needs to sell a few pieces before she can take the next step.

It looks cool.

She may be undercharging btw. If some are taking her 12 hours and are $120 that's only $10 an hour. I would pry charge based on $20-$25 an hour.

Yea I agree...I even told her she could probably get more. But right now she's just trying to get a little capital to get a professional website done and do all the things to get off the ground.

#8 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

If they just charge for the space, have her save up and get in on that. A lot of places charge rent + a take of the revenue.

#9 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, the earrings are definitely underpriced. I would charge more. She should sell them as sets, with a bangle or bracelet too. But she should also have some more simpler things that she could charge less for. She does nice work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.