Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captains offer

76 posts in this topic

Posted

We offered him a 3yr 5 million dollar deal according to cat scratch reader. What do you think?

Posted

It's on the cheap, but his best play is as a Nickle/ST ace so it's not an absurd offer.

These players need to not expect Marty Hurney money EVER again.

Posted

He won't get much better than that imo. Maybe 1 team will go out and pay more, in which case go ahead. He'll probably be back

Posted

I'm happy with the offer. I wouldn't offer him a dollar more and if he wants more he can walk. I will gladly give him that money and if he wants to be here as much as he's made it seem all offseason number 41 with be back on the field for the panthers.

Posted

With the market its a fair deal.

Posted

Not a penny more

Posted

As the biggest cap supporter (no pun intended) on this site I don't see what his deal is? Sign the contract son. It's fine that you have a chip on your shoulder but even half of that money is still more than most of us make in 20 years just to play a game.

Posted

As the biggest cap supporter (no pun intended) on this site I don't see what his deal is? Sign the contract son. It's fine that you have a chip on your shoulder but even half of that money is still more than most of us make in 20 years just to play a game.

you just dont want to have to change your nick,

Posted

I don't blame him for shopping around.

He has some starting experience and might feel he is worth more.

In the end, however, I would be surprised if he gets more somewhere else.

Being a career nickle, playmaker, ST Ace isn't a bad gig.

Posted

It's on the cheap, but his best play is as a Nickle/ST ace so it's not an absurd offer.

These players need to not expect Marty Hurney money EVER again.

I've thought about this. Even had a number in mind.

All in all it's going to take losing a few players to send the message to the rest of the team that the ridiculous contracts just because you were drafted here are done with.

Sadly, though, I honestly do wonder if Richardson will step in and tell Gettleman to start passing them back out if we start to lose too many "family members."

Posted

you just dont want to have to change your nick,

I wouldn't have to anyway. My nick is built around his College resume which is why it's SC .. then the number 1 which was his college number.

Posted

O captain my captain.

Sign on the dotted line.

1 person likes this