Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captains offer

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Better take it

Posted

Good deal, I'd take it Captain.

You ain't getting paid 10-20 million, son. This ain't a Hurney regime.

Posted

He's lucky it's a multiyear offer.

Posted

Radio 1090 in San Diego claims the Bolts are trying to ink him.

Posted

I've thought about this. Even had a number in mind.

All in all it's going to take losing a few players to send the message to the rest of the team that the ridiculous contracts just because you were drafted here are done with.

Sadly, though, I honestly do wonder if Richardson will step in and tell Gettleman to start passing them back out if we start to lose too many "family members."

you know outside of fan speculation there is no evidence to support that about JR.

Posted

you know outside of fan speculation there is no evidence to support that about JR.

if only this were true.

Posted

Sounds reasonable. If I'm Captain though, and looking at what other corners have gotten so far, then I'm thinking more along the lines of at least 3 mil per.

But, with the market what it is right now, that is probably what he would get MAX, not minimum, so it'll probably be enough to win him over.

Posted

if only this were true.

Enlighten us then.

Posted

if only this were true.

here, lets play a game, where I say prove it and you try to prove it. And we see who wins.

Posted

This is a fair reasonably deal IMO. Not high but not cheap either. The CB market this year was very weak, the top CBs were only getting $5-6 million a year. For a guy that's going to be a nickel/3rd CB on a team this seems fair.

Glad to see Gettleman is content to let him test the market instead of giving him a blank check like Hurney would do.

Posted

He's lucky it's a multiyear offer.

agreed. very few players signing (of the very few FAs who are signing anywhere) are getting multi year deals. most are one year offerings.

Posted

That's a pretty good deal. Plus if he does actually becomes as good as he believes he can be, he'll still be 27/28 when a new/bigger contract could come around.