Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NewYork fan89

Captains offer

76 posts in this topic

here, lets play a game, where I say prove it and you try to prove it. And we see who wins.

Do I really have to sit here and copy and paste out for you all the evidence that has come across this Internet over the years of Richardson running this team like a family business and doing everything possible to maintain the players he's grown to like? I'm pretty sure there's something on the first few pages of the huddle that was being discussed just the other day.

I'll do it tonight then. I'm on a mobile device and am not going to sit here and spend a half hour doing this. If you're feeling impatient (or, you know, actually have some measure of initiative) you can google it yourself before then.

not a bad deal, and with Gamble gone, he has to realize that we probably also give him the best opportunity of starting... between him, Norman and Thomas it would probably be a wide open competition at camp

Do I really have to sit here and copy and paste out for you all the evidence that has come across this Internet over the years of Richardson running this team like a family business and doing everything possible to maintain the players he's grown to like? I'm pretty sure there's something on the first few pages of the huddle that was being discussed just the other day.

I'll do it tonight then. I'm on a mobile device and am not going to sit here and spend a half hour doing this. If you're feeling impatient (or, you know, actually have some measure of initiative) you can google it yourself before then.

I am not saying you're wrong Because I really don't know But considering he fired both his sons and is not leaving them the team it makes me wonder if He is really that concerned with being Loyal to players

captain needs to be smart about this... San Diego may offer him more money but the cost of living is so much higher there add in taxes and just the thought of living in California should make captain want to stay here. Tolbert came here and took a pay cut but he probably brings home more money .

captain needs to be smart about this... San Diego may offer him more money but the cost of living is so much higher there add in taxes and just the thought of living in California should make captain want to stay here. Tolbert came here and took a pay cut but he probably brings home more money .

good point. it would be smart for him to talk to tolbert about all that.

more money doesn't necessarily mean more money in your pocket. it all depends on the area.

plus there's the stress and headaches that come with moving and then the reality that capt. has never really been far from home. he'd have to leave his area of comfort. i'm sure that's something that he'll be looking at as well.

As the biggest cap supporter (no pun intended) on this site I don't see what his deal is? Sign the contract son. It's fine that you have a chip on your shoulder but even half of that money is still more than most of us make in 20 years just to play a game.

b/c THIS window is probably Captain's shot of his biggest payday in his career....

I actually wonder if he wouldn't prefer a one-year deal. Should the cap increase next season he'd probably have a chance to get a better offer somewhere. Of course there's always the injury risk, but I've read of a few guys taking one year "prove it" deals to try improve their stock for next offseason.

I think he's looking for other deals because he knows that even though he's being paid nickel/special teams money, he is going to see the field a lot more than the typical nickel does, because of injuries, and inexperienced CBs.

He must have in his head that he is a starting calibur corner in this league which he simply isnt. He is a role player and a great one at that. I think that is a very solid offer and one that he will end up taking. I just dont see the market for him elsewhere.

He is having some success in our scheme and he can only improve. Sign em' up!

the other day you are talking about the panthro conspiracy thread which was largely based hypothetically on the word of the disgruntled Kris Jenkins? Please let's at the very least try and use a reputable source for the information.

If its not something that we can say be worthy of at least a credible source in the journalism sense then please don't bother.

I actually wonder if he wouldn't prefer a one-year deal. Should the cap increase next season he'd probably have a chance to get a better offer somewhere. Of course there's always the injury risk, but I've read of a few guys taking one year "prove it" deals to try improve their stock for next offseason.

aside from a couple players that strategy backfired this year in a big way. lesson to players in FA this year...take the deal.

I understand the part of your post in regards to taxes and cost of living in California, but what does the "just the thought of living in California" part mean?