Captains offer

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#71 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:20 AM

Guys I just spoke with capts good good friends....told me they couldn directly speak on if he was going to return or not....but said the 5mil 3 year deal combined with signing 2 more DBs at his position is a slap in the face....so take it for what its worth....He desires a better deal...

Two things working against the Captain: 1. He has watched his teammates get rather wealthy for mediocre performance for the past few years and Marty is gone, 2. There are a ton of free agents at CB who are willing to play for less. I am a Gamecock fan and like Munnerlyn, but he should be looking at possible unemployment if he thinks that offer was skimpy.

#72 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

This is the same deal Adrian Wilson received from the Pats!

he's probably looking at the deal that kyle arrington got when he re-signed with the pats. arrington got moved to nickel last year and signed a 4 year/$16mil deal with $8.5mil guaranteed and $7.5mil in the first year. comparable players (arguably) so it's natural to think he feels he deserves a comparable deal.

he just ain't gonna get something like that here or even anywhere, tbh. the market has collapsed. his agent has to understand this and make him aware of it as well. he's just not going to get much better than he was offered here. that's the reality of the situation.

#73 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I'd tell Munnerlyn to take a hike. We could use that money for Ginn and Mitchell.

#74 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

Guys I just spoke with capts good good friends....told me they couldn directly speak on if he was going to return or not....but said the 5mil 3 year deal combined with signing 2 more DBs at his position is a slap in the face....so take it for what its worth....He desires a better deal...

He can feel disrespected all he wants now because we are moving on. Fact is pride screwed him over and he will be lucky to sign a 1 year deal now.

#75 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

According to Rotoworld, Chicago has offered Captain a 1 year contract but the Panthers might match it. That would be interesting.

#76 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

According to Rotoworld, Chicago has offered Captain a 1 year contract but the Panthers might match it. That would be interesting.

Nearly starter money I think he was offered. Probably something like 1 year 2.5 - 3 million dollars.

Would have to be for him to turn down the 3 year deal earlier when he wants to stay in Carolina.

Free agent nickelback Captain Munnerlyn has been offered a 1-year deal from Chicago, according to a league source. Munnerlyn has said his preference is to re-sign with the Panthers, who could try to match the Bears' offer.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users