• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

this sickens me really....how do you argue the death penalty when it comes to a creep like this?http://news.ca.msn.c...-life-in-prison

#2 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

this sickens me really....how do you argue the death penalty when it comes to a creep like this?http://news.ca.msn.c...-life-in-prison

Sorry but I'm pro life across the board. I have an issue with gov't sponsored murder.

#3 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

everyone is entitled to an opinion...mine is much different on this.

no remorse, 3 life sentences plus....why spend the money to keep him locked up forever?

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

I would replace the R on his shirt with a D and have him move to the front of the line for execution before the weekend. This guy will cost the system how much if he lives until 75?

#5 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

That fuging smirk on his face.....that fuging t shirt he was wearing....

I cant imagine being one of the victims relatives in that courtroom.

Sentencing shoud have been put in the the victims families hands. Everyone just leave the room and let the families, and friends sort things out with that punk.

#6 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

Kill him and you are on his level. Sorry just my opinion

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

Kill him and you are on his level. Sorry just my opinion

Disagree. You are on his level because you punish him? Are you also on his level because he is getting life in prison?

#8 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Disagree. You are on his level because you punish him? Are you also on his level because he is getting life in prison?

Punishing him =/= killing him

You have the same disregard for human life as he does.

Not sure how you equate the other

#9 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

good argument Panthro...but at some point there needs to be rules....and rules without consequences are useless.

#10 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

But you're punishing him by doing to him what you are punishing him for...

I get Panthro's point and I agree with him that, in a just system, the government should set a higher standard and show that killing doesn't solve your problems (especially in cases where it isn't so cut and dry)... I'm not really of the mindset that the government should be in the killing business, either...

However, in examples like this, I have no problem allowing the victims' families exact justice...

But, like all the good Xian peeps up in here should tell you, the NT says that you should take no revenge because revenge is the Lord's.... It always amuses me that most Conservatives are pro-Capital Punishment while at the same time their holy book says not to seek revenge... But, I digress...

#11 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

But, like all the good Xian peeps up in here should tell you, the NT says that you should take no revenge because revenge is the Lord's.... It always amuses me that most Conservatives are pro-Capital Punishment while at the same time their holy book says not to seek revenge... But, I digress...

yeppers

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

But you're punishing him by doing to him what you are punishing him for...

I get Panthro's point and I agree with him that, in a just system, the government should set a higher standard and show that killing doesn't solve your problems (especially in cases where it isn't so cut and dry)... I'm not really of the mindset that the government should be in the killing business, either...

However, in examples like this, I have no problem allowing the victims' families exact justice...

If you only knew half what you think you do, you could be dangerous.

#13 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,148 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Punishing him =/= killing him

You have the same disregard for human life as he does.

Not sure how you equate the other

What an idiotic argument.

I am glad he did not kidnap the kids first and keep them in his basement tied up for awhile or we might not even be able to send him to prison. Don't want to stoop to his level or anything.

#14 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,432 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm okay with the death penalty in super extreme cases like this. Also the death penalty costs more than life in prison, we should know this by now.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,194 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

What an idiotic argument.

I am glad he did not kidnap the kids first and keep them in his basement tied up for awhile or we might not even be able to send him to prison. Don't want to stoop to his level or anything.

So do you just cherry pick wherever its comfortable for you to have the govt involved?

So you are for the govt killing people, telling people who can/cant marry, and telling women what to do with their bodies

but god forbid the govt wants to touch your gun case or wallet....thats where stirs breaks out his dont tread on me flag

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.