Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Ohio School Shooter

56 posts in this topic

Posted

the issue with the whole you are bringing yourself down to his level argument is that the rules are clearly stated. You break the rules, you pay the price. No price = no rules = free for all.

Posted

the issue with the whole you are bringing yourself down to his level argument is that the rules are clearly stated. You break the rules, you pay the price. No price = no rules = free for all.

so you would murder someone if there were no rules?

Posted

came by here to post this.

Before you two get a room....

So, you value his life but it is okay for him to take it.

As long as you don't have to pull the trigger?

If he asks for a cyanide pill, then I would assume you would oblidge or maybe give him a rope in his cell? Because his life being "extinguished" seems less of an issue now than you having the balls to do it yourself.

Posted

Yeah but how come some rules only apply when it is convenient for the parties involved? ie. celebrities that get into legal trouble, corporate criminals, etc.

Also, an unethical rule does not justice make.

Posted

If he asks for a cyanide pill, then I would assume you would oblidge or maybe give him a rope in his cell? Because his life being "extinguished" seems less of an issue now than you having the balls to do it yourself.

If you can't see the difference in someone taking their own life and yourself taking someone's life that apparently wants it taken, then I can't help you.

Posted

If you can't see the difference in someone taking their own life and yourself taking someone's life that apparently wants it taken, then I can't help you.

Maybe inserting a verb strategically along with a comma or two might help me understand what you just posted. But, I will go with your last 5 words and call it a day

Posted

so you would murder someone if there were no rules?

Yeah but how come some rules only apply when it is convenient for the parties involved? ie. celebrities that get into legal trouble, corporate criminals, etc.

Also, an unethical rule does not justice make.

I myself would not murder someone, no....I'm not wired that way. I personally think that because we are so soft on criminals, the punishment is not enough of a deterant to those that might be on the fence. People will kill and people will love...a strong criminal system helps those in the middle.

and part two...100% think the double system is bullshit, so I'm with you on this one.

Posted

Does murder turn you on as much as thinking about Bronn and meet together in a room?

It certainly seems to have riled you up.

I do not condone the govt dictating who lives and who dies.If he wants to kill himself he is welcome to do so. Not sure why you are having a hard time comprehending that...

Posted

I'm okay with the death penalty in super extreme cases like this. Also the death penalty costs more than life in prison, we should know this by now.

Only when it runs the full slate of trials and appeals and is followed by petitions for clemency and commutations over the course of years and even decades.. When there is a straight line from crime to confession to execution in a timely fashion then the death of the prisoner is the much cheaper option.

Posted

oh noez I haev been grammar hammered!

Too bad the sentence makes perfect sense to me. Way to change the subject, though.

Posted

Also....has an innocent person ever been put to death? Just curious what is the acceptable percentage of error you all are ok with...

Posted

I was bout to say. If you try to "cheapen" the process you're basically making it more likely innocent people are put to death. That's not what we want.