• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

so you would murder someone if there were no rules?

Yeah but how come some rules only apply when it is convenient for the parties involved? ie. celebrities that get into legal trouble, corporate criminals, etc.

Also, an unethical rule does not justice make.

I myself would not murder someone, no....I'm not wired that way. I personally think that because we are so soft on criminals, the punishment is not enough of a deterant to those that might be on the fence. People will kill and people will love...a strong criminal system helps those in the middle.

and part two...100% think the double system is bullshit, so I'm with you on this one.

#32 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Before you two get a room....

So, you value his life but it is okay for him to take it.

As long as you don't have to pull the trigger?

If he asks for a cyanide pill, then I would assume you would oblidge or maybe give him a rope in his cell? Because his life being "extinguished" seems less of an issue now than you having the balls to do it yourself.

Does murder turn you on as much as thinking about Bronn and meet together in a room?

It certainly seems to have riled you up.

I do not condone the govt dictating who lives and who dies.If he wants to kill himself he is welcome to do so. Not sure why you are having a hard time comprehending that...

#33 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

I'm okay with the death penalty in super extreme cases like this. Also the death penalty costs more than life in prison, we should know this by now.

Only when it runs the full slate of trials and appeals and is followed by petitions for clemency and commutations over the course of years and even decades.. When there is a straight line from crime to confession to execution in a timely fashion then the death of the prisoner is the much cheaper option.

#34 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

oh noez I haev been grammar hammered!

Too bad the sentence makes perfect sense to me. Way to change the subject, though.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

Also....has an innocent person ever been put to death? Just curious what is the acceptable percentage of error you all are ok with...

#36 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

I was bout to say. If you try to "cheapen" the process you're basically making it more likely innocent people are put to death. That's not what we want.

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,711 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Also....has an innocent person ever been put to death? Just curious what is the acceptable percentage of error you all are ok with...

You can't seem to focus today. Or, as usual, you don't feel the argument is going your way, so you branch out.

Let's get back to this POS in the article. Are we certain he did it? Yes. Even with his own mouth.

Then it has crossed a threshold which puts my mind at ease. It is not a deterrant as much as removing from society someone who has lost his right to exist, even in prison.

#38 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

just curious...for those of you that oppose the death penalty, do you support your troops?

#39 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is another one of those cases that I'm talking about...expedited death penalty for no contest/facts not in question/guilty plea scumbags. It shows my brother was right...you'd be surprised how many of these jerks admit it or are caught red handed.

In those cases, you should be able to get these jokers in and out of the court system in a matter of weeks if not days.

Then dead. No money wasted. No oxygen wasted.

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,751 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

just curious...for those of you that oppose the death penalty, do you support your troops?

Support them doing what exactly?

I think that it is very honorable to enlist in the military to defend our country and support them during and after their service

#41 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

"Support your troops" is pretty much cliche at this point... I feel the military in its current capacity is a waste of taxpayer dollars as well as an imperial entity that ultimately does more harm than help...

So... I guess that is a "no" from me...

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

There are plenty of cases where guilt can be questioned even after a jury trial, in those cases life in prison is the only answer. In cases such as this, the person who committed the crime is certain, his mental capacity is not diminished, and he has admitted he committed the crime. Guilt is no longer a question and the individual will never be anything more than a drain on society.

Put him down.

#43 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Support them doing what exactly?

I think that it is very honorable to enlist in the military to defend our country and support them during and after their service

I just don't see a whole lot of difference between what they are doing and what the police and the justice system do. They are killing people to enforce the rules too, and more often than not, they are enforcing other people's rules, not ever their own.

#44 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

everyone is entitled to an opinion...mine is much different on this.

no remorse, 3 life sentences plus....why spend the money to keep him locked up forever?

He's not going to make it three days. He is going to be murdered in prison VERY quickly.

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,759 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

There are plenty of cases where guilt can be questioned even after a jury trial, in those cases life in prison is the only answer. In cases such as this, the person who committed the crime is certain, his mental capacity is not diminished, and he has admitted he committed the crime. Guilt is no longer a question and the individual will never be anything more than a drain on society.

Put him down.

I'm all for that, so long as it is the victim's family members that choose to sentence him to such a fate... If they do that, then they should also carry the burden of seeing it through...

But letting the justice system dole it out solely on their own is a huge slippery slope and a waste of resources.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com