Photo
- - - - -

2012 Ohio School Shooter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Also....has an innocent person ever been put to death? Just curious what is the acceptable percentage of error you all are ok with...

You can't seem to focus today. Or, as usual, you don't feel the argument is going your way, so you branch out.

Let's get back to this POS in the article. Are we certain he did it? Yes. Even with his own mouth.

Then it has crossed a threshold which puts my mind at ease. It is not a deterrant as much as removing from society someone who has lost his right to exist, even in prison.

#38 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

just curious...for those of you that oppose the death penalty, do you support your troops?

#39 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

This is another one of those cases that I'm talking about...expedited death penalty for no contest/facts not in question/guilty plea scumbags. It shows my brother was right...you'd be surprised how many of these jerks admit it or are caught red handed.

In those cases, you should be able to get these jokers in and out of the court system in a matter of weeks if not days.

Then dead. No money wasted. No oxygen wasted.

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

just curious...for those of you that oppose the death penalty, do you support your troops?

Support them doing what exactly?

I think that it is very honorable to enlist in the military to defend our country and support them during and after their service

#41 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

"Support your troops" is pretty much cliche at this point... I feel the military in its current capacity is a waste of taxpayer dollars as well as an imperial entity that ultimately does more harm than help...

So... I guess that is a "no" from me...

#42 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

There are plenty of cases where guilt can be questioned even after a jury trial, in those cases life in prison is the only answer. In cases such as this, the person who committed the crime is certain, his mental capacity is not diminished, and he has admitted he committed the crime. Guilt is no longer a question and the individual will never be anything more than a drain on society.

Put him down.

#43 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Support them doing what exactly?

I think that it is very honorable to enlist in the military to defend our country and support them during and after their service

I just don't see a whole lot of difference between what they are doing and what the police and the justice system do. They are killing people to enforce the rules too, and more often than not, they are enforcing other people's rules, not ever their own.

#44 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

everyone is entitled to an opinion...mine is much different on this.

no remorse, 3 life sentences plus....why spend the money to keep him locked up forever?

He's not going to make it three days. He is going to be murdered in prison VERY quickly.

#45 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

There are plenty of cases where guilt can be questioned even after a jury trial, in those cases life in prison is the only answer. In cases such as this, the person who committed the crime is certain, his mental capacity is not diminished, and he has admitted he committed the crime. Guilt is no longer a question and the individual will never be anything more than a drain on society.

Put him down.

I'm all for that, so long as it is the victim's family members that choose to sentence him to such a fate... If they do that, then they should also carry the burden of seeing it through...

But letting the justice system dole it out solely on their own is a huge slippery slope and a waste of resources.

#46 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

so what purpose does the justice system have then? the rules are already written!

#47 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I agree with Panthro (who would have thought that possible :))

Fwiw, killing is the easy way out for this scumbag. Make him spend the rest of his life locked up in a cell. Just like the Manson family.

#48 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

spending they're whole life in prison is what most shooters try to avoid (hence killing themselves) so.....with that said. I prefer they spend the rest of they're in prison, instead of the death penalty.A few years ago I would have said kill him....but honestly i think it is wrong now. he can smirk all he wants, And wear his cute little "KILLER" shirt (which i think he was wearing to help push the death penalty) but deep down inside he is just a miserable POS. Enjoy rotting in prison Asshole!