Photo
- - - - -

Dwan negotiation update: No movement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#76 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:13 PM

In addition to the fact that Richardson is ancient by college prospect standards, there isn't a lot about his game, at his build, that looks like it will result in him being a good NFL DT. I know the media likes to project him to us in their mocks so they can save their more glorified prospects for their beloved NFC east teams and such, but I really don't think he's the pick. We've shown zero interest in him or any other DT prospect and Rivera has been relatively easy enough to read in his time here.

Wouldn't touch Floyd either.

#77 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

The fact that we haven't shown any interest in DTs in free agency pretty much confirms to me it has to be the pick. Are we going to go into the season with Fua and *checks roster* Colin Cole?

#78 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Wouldnt touch Floyd? Can I ask why? He is a very good person, he is able to penetrate constantly. He would be a great 3tech and he really reminds me a lot of Jenkins without the baggage

That said if he was there at 14 I would take him, But what I really want is a trade down and Jesse Williams or John Jenkins. I value that 1 tech more

#79 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm a good clown

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sharrif Floyd is going to be great. Him and Star are head and shoulders above the rest of the DT class.

#80 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Why would I care what kind of person he is? Were drafting football players not lining them up for mystery dates. I don't care if he has some ridiculous story of triumph if he can't play.

I wouldn't touch Floyd because he's Richardson without as much burst, refinement, or even as much production.

Wouldnt touch Floyd? Can I ask why? He is a very good person, he is able to penetrate constantly. He would be a great 3tech and he really reminds me a lot of Jenkins without the baggage

That said if he was there at 14 I would take him, But what I really want is a trade down and Jesse Williams or John Jenkins. I value that 1 tech more

#81 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

plus when I watch Floyd I get bored watching him get stood up and pushed around over and over again

He went to Florida. He has a story. He has athleticism. This is why his stock has risen.

#82 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

There's not much out there on the DT FA market. Corey Williams, Alan Branch, Sedrick Ellis, Sione Pouha, Sen'Derrick Marks.

#83 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I guess he is visiting the Phins.

http://profootballta...isits-dolphins/

#84 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

Why would I care what kind of person he is? Were drafting football players not lining them up for mystery dates. I don't care if he has some ridiculous story of triumph if he can't play.

I wouldn't touch Floyd because he's Richardson without as much burst, refinement, or even as much production.

In the 1st rd you dont want to take a player that has many red flags as far as drugs, work ethic, injury issues. Save those risks for late rd projects and fliers

He has proven to pass all of those and be a better penetrating DT than any other player. He was my favorite player at the DT position then everyone else fell in love with him over his workouts which pushed him too high for the Panthers. He has shown that he has the desire to play and works hard, he is very family oriented showing his character. All these things are just as important whether you think it or not.

Tell me film where he is being pushed around? He is constantly in backfield for much of the film I have studied, watch the Louisville game where he dominated all night. Just because you like another prospect better is no reason to bash Star or Floyd which are the best 2 prospects at DT

#85 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Funny and.Sad we are so excited a GM is doing his job correctly.

#86 MHS831

MHS831

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

Amen.

I am very curious about how he handles the draft. I expect some value at the top, late round gems.