Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CJ's whip

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363742486' post='2168211']
I'll never judge somebody the way they spend there money. Even if he didn't get as much as he did, he could still afford those cars.
[/quote]

Here's a great article on athlete's and their financial woes after retiring.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm

So I won't judge him, but I also won't agree it's a good idea. 78 percent bankruptcy rate is no joke.

Posted · Report post

A car isn't the worst thing to buy. At least you can resell it and get something back.

Guys who spend money in strip clubs or "invest" in restaurants are the ones throwing it away.

Posted · Report post

That's an ugly ass car

Posted · Report post

If I had that kind of money, cars would be what I would buy too. Not for show, but just for fun.

I don't think I'd buy a RR or a Bentley... I'd buy Porsches, BMWs, a Nissan GTR and the like... would probably also have some cool off road vehicles.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='xerxes' timestamp='1363783900' post='2168531']

Here's a great article on athlete's and their financial woes after retiring.

[url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1153364/1/index.htm"]http://sportsillustr...364/1/index.htm[/url]

So I won't judge him, but I also won't agree it's a good idea. 78 percent bankruptcy rate is no joke.
[/quote]

Thanks for the article, I am well aware though. We have no idea what his fanancial situation is, probably none of us know him personally. I can see how it looks bad though.

Posted · Report post

I wish I could talk but I can't, my old man owns two shot corvettes (2008 and 2011)

The 2008 is pushing 550 HP with a Vortech SuperCharger, American Racing Headers, and a MagnaFlow Exhaust System.

The 2011 is at 620 HP with a Vortech SuperCharger and FlowMaster headers

However, I think he is selling the 2008 to buy a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon lol.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CRA' timestamp='1363736762' post='2168066']
Dude is gonna be on that ESPN part II special about athletes going broke 3 yrs after leaving the league despite making millions....

He bought some other pointlessly expensive rides as well I believe
[/quote]
He's a football player, 10 years after he retires he won't be able to even remember his name. Might as well spend that money while his brain is still functioning and he can enjoy it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363785015' post='2168552']

Thanks for the article, I am well aware though. We have no idea what his fanancial situation is, probably none of us know him personally. I can see how it looks bad though.
[/quote]
It doesn't look bad. If it was a white stockbroker who has already made 50 million, it'd be fine to spend $200k on a car. But an nfl player does it and he's a moron. Go figure.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SooSlow84' timestamp='1363786365' post='2168585']
It doesn't look bad. If it was a white stockbroker who has already made 50 million, it'd be fine to spend $200k on a car. But an nfl player does it and he's a moron. Go figure.
[/quote]

Yea but the difference is "stockbrokers" are educated on finances, the majority of NFL players are not, minus Smitty. I get what xerxes was saying.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KaseKlosed' timestamp='1363745501' post='2168308']
CJ has 4 great free agency pick ups in that trunk alone.....SMH lol
[/quote]

There are free agent veterans out there signing for 75k a year? That is about how much the price of this car is divided by four. Shaking My Damn Head at this thread.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363786549' post='2168590']

Yea but the difference is "stockbrokers" are educated on finances, the majority of NFL players are not, minus Smitty. I get what xerxes was saying.
[/quote]
How do you know cj hasn't invested wisely? The entire assumption on him spending his fortune is based off of this pic and statistics on OTHER athletes. He could have doubled his money for all we know.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SooSlow84' timestamp='1363786817' post='2168595']
How do you know cj hasn't invested wisely? The entire assumption on him spending his fortune is based off of this pic and statistics on OTHER athletes. He could have doubled his money for all we know.
[/quote]

That's what i said initially, then xerxes showed me that and i concluded that we have no idea what his finances are so this thread just turned really dumb.