#46 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:37 AM

CJ has 4 great free agency pick ups in that trunk alone.....SMH lol

There are free agent veterans out there signing for 75k a year? That is about how much the price of this car is divided by four. Shaking My Damn Head at this thread.

#47 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yea but the difference is "stockbrokers" are educated on finances, the majority of NFL players are not, minus Smitty. I get what xerxes was saying.

How do you know cj hasn't invested wisely? The entire assumption on him spending his fortune is based off of this pic and statistics on OTHER athletes. He could have doubled his money for all we know.

#48 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,878 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

How do you know cj hasn't invested wisely? The entire assumption on him spending his fortune is based off of this pic and statistics on OTHER athletes. He could have doubled his money for all we know.

That's what i said initially, then xerxes showed me that and i concluded that we have no idea what his finances are so this thread just turned really dumb.

#49 SHoCK

SHoCK

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

I remember he posted a pic of a car on instagram once and someone commented on how hes gonna be broke. He laughed at the guy and said something like "they think im spending my football money" implying he tucks away that money and spends it from other avenues. what they are? no idea.

#50 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

We don't know, and expensive cars while not great investments they aren't exactly throwing money away. However conspicuous consumption might be an indication of other financial concerns.

I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder how he's spending his money based on the pics and the general trend with pro athletes. It's not like he was throwing out Smitty-esque quotes.

-- On his house being on the market and what that means: "I think it's important that people realize I am not packing my bags. As far as why my house is for sale, we built this huge house and we just don't have any business living in it. It seemed like a great idea, and then we moved into this big house.
"We started cringing at all that space we had. For me, it was a little bit vain that I have this big house with this big yard. People saw my house was on sale and said it was me sending a message. Really the message I sent was to my kids: Dad made a mistake. This isn't how we are supposed to live. This isn't what I should be projecting. If we don't do this now, what incentive do I give my kids to reach for? You make a lot of money and then you go blow it? I don't want to be a statistic. I want to be a good steward."

Read more here: http://scottfowlerob...l#storylink=cpy

#51 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

I know a guy who lives 2 doors down from CJ. Trust me, he isn't blowing his money on stupid stuff. He is doing some pretty extensive home renovations, but this isn't on a 3MM home. He's a real low key guy for the most part. Good neighbor.

#52 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,084 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sounds like a bunch of chicks in here wtf.

The man can spend his money anyway he likes, as long as he gives it his all on the field I don't care.

#53 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,078 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Can somebody mail me an ounce of that Hurney magic dust?

i can send u an ounce of angel dust, pretty sure thats what the Hurndog was on at the time

#54 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Good for CJ. With the money he's making he can afford several quarter million dollar cars and he'll never even miss it. The poo talkers really should just mind their own business.

#55 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,206 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

everybody knows that a car is the greatest investment one can make.

#56 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

charles johnson driving a car that's the equivalent of less than 2% of his signing bonus is the same as your average joe who spends 2k out of 100k on a car....

i want to be like charles.

#57 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

All i'm saying is that, 75% of football players go broke after they retire. THAT'S TOO DAMN HIGH!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com