Photo
- - - - -

Star is good to go

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

#31 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Your stupidity astounds me.

Good show.

What's amusing is that you don't realize is this is the same thought the vast majority of this board has had when reading the ridiculous notions you've offered up the past few days.

#32 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Oh good, then your notions have been recorded as well.

You could continue to use this Superiority Complex over the Internet but in this realm (the one outside your ginormous and fictitious ego) your word means... nothing. If you were a true 'veteran' (as you've alluded to) and intellectual of the game, then you would have engaged in a knowledgeable debate citing why you believe Rhodes is the second best CB in the draft and why Trufant is third, but you didn't. You chose to utilize a keyboard warrior mentality (shocking...) -- thus proving that you employ your testicular implants over your brain in any type of conversation. Your obsession with me is a subject for another day.

Returning back on the subject at hand, Rhodes is a raw prospect who is inconsistent in coverage. His tackling form is poor (terrible angles), he lacks elite speed, his footwork and hips aren't fluid, and he can't play a receiver other than in press coverage. You could ask Seminole fans all about those faithful games where receivers and tight ends would blow past Xavier and draw 3-5 penalties from him.

Is he big, athletic and strong? Yes. Is he the second best CB in this draft? No. Does he possess potential? Yes, as a system player.

#33 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oh yippee more bitching. Shock

#34 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Lol Fisher, Ansah and Johnson will very likely go before Star. Warmack is a guard and Trufant is projected as a low 1st. Jesse Williams and John Jenkins stock has taken massive hits as well.

Do you do any research before your post or are you content to post out of your own personal biases?

Whoa whoa whoa...

Trufant is a low first rounder and Jesse Williams stock has taken a massive hit? Both of those are completely false.

Do YOU do any research or are you just talking out of your ass again and having a hard time admitting you're wrong?

#35 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

Oh good, then your notions have been recorded as well.

You could continue to use this Superiority Complex over the Internet but in this realm (the one outside your ginormous and fictitious ego) your word means... nothing. If you were a true 'veteran' (as you've alluded to) and intellectual of the game, then you would have engaged in a knowledgeable debate citing why you believe Rhodes is the second best CB in the draft and why Trufant is third, but you didn't. You chose to utilize a keyboard warrior mentality (shocking...) -- thus proving that you employ your testicular implants over your brain in any type of conversation. Your obsession with me is a subject for another day.

Returning back on the subject at hand, Rhodes is a raw prospect who is inconsistent in coverage. His tackling form is poor (terrible angles), he lacks elite speed, his footwork and hips aren't fluid, and he can't play a receiver other than in press coverage. You could ask Seminole fans all about those faithful games where receivers and tight ends would blow past Xavier and draw 3-5 penalties from him.

Is he big, athletic and strong? Yes. Is he the second best CB in this draft? No. Does he possess potential? Yes, as a system player.

Rhodes does not have elite speed? He might not be blazing, but a 4.43 is not slow at all man.

#36 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:22 PM

Rhodes does not have elite speed? He might not be blazing, but a 4.43 is not slow at all man.

I thought the 4.43 and 4.41 he ran were 'unofficial'? Matheiu ran an unofficial 4.42 but NFL scouts gave him a 4.5.

Either way, even if he possesses straight line speed, Rhodes' hips, footwork and transitional skills are average at best. It always seems as if Xavier is out of position (might help explain why he's contantly drawing flags). He reminds me of another FSU graduate [Antonio Cromartie].

Great athlete, inconsistent corner.

#37 OHK

OHK

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Rhodes ran an official 4.43 40.

#38 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Then it's definitely his other intangibles that gives off the perception of Xavier having average speed.

Regardless, I'd take Trufant over Rhodes. Desmond may not be as big and powerful, but he's got the greater potential as a cover corner and his tackling is preferable. He can play any scheme or system and shutdown receivers and tight ends who are much larger than him.