#1 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

Alright they deserve all the critism they get. Have at it guys. Uk will be back, but for now.....,We look like the real housewives of lexington. There I got it started.

#2 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

So will the Kentucky "Mildkats"

#3 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

What do you think about Cal throwing his team under the bus?

#4 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

Anddddd they just got Randle. UK will be stacked next year, but it will be interesting to see who Cal "shows the door" (it's going to happen IMO)

Side note, Wiggins to UNC just got a lot more interesting.

#5 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

What do you think about Cal throwing his team under the bus?

Tough love hurts but can be effective. Most of these kids will be back next year but they haven't earned a spot on the team next year with thier play this year. So its shape up or ship out. just how he runs his teams. and clearly its not for everyone. So if they feel like he threw them under the bus now, wait til he throws em' on the bench later.

#6 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Tough love hurts but can be effective. Most of these kids will be back next year but they haven't earned a spot on the team next year with thier play this year. So its shape up or ship out. just how he runs his teams. and clearly its not for everyone. So if they feel like he threw them under the bus now, wait til he throws em' on the bench later.

Fair enough... But if I'm a high school recruit and see the coach putting the blame on the players I believe my decision would change quickly

#7 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

#1 PG, #1 SG, #1 C, #1 PF, #3 SF
if you go by espn

ridic

#8 holderoftruth

holderoftruth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

that recruiting class is sick....

#9 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Fair enough... But if I'm a high school recruit and see the coach putting the blame on the players I believe my decision would change quickly

But the same kid should notice that he gave all the credit to them when they won the championship. No participation trophies at UK. Thats why its not for everyone!

#10 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:10 AM

that recruiting class is sick....

the best money can buy!

#11 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

But the same kid should notice that he gave all the credit to them when they won the championship. No participation trophies at UK. Thats why its not for everyone!

So what you're saying is... You win and you get treated fairly, you lose and you get treated like Sloth from the Goonies?

He has to realize he's the same coach who coached the national champion winners and the coach who coached the first round losers in the NIT.. I just don't see how that can benefit the program

#12 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

So what you're saying is... You win and you get treated fairly, you lose and you get treated like Sloth from the Goonies?

He has to realize he's the same coach who coached the national champion winners and the coach who coached the first round losers in the NIT.. I just don't see how that can benefit the program

I"m saying that if you lose theres no reward and should not expect one. These "kids" are in college. They need to have a dose of the real world at some point. If they cannot handle a coaches accurate critism after losing then why have a coach? Was Cal supposed to coddle them all in the locker room after the game? No! I f you cannot see how UK has benefitted from Coach Cal, don't worry we"ll be back next year and espn can fill you in on all the details.

#13 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I"m saying that if you lose theres no reward and should not expect one. These "kids" are in college. They need to have a dose of the real world at some point. If they cannot handle a coaches accurate critism after losing then why have a coach? Was Cal supposed to coddle them all in the locker room after the game? No! I f you cannot see how UK has benefitted from Coach Cal, don't worry we"ll be back next year and espn can fill you in on all the details.

I agree... He shouldn't give them props when they're not due but he also shouldn't throw his team under the bus (and this isn't the first time he's done it this season)

#14 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,743 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have no problem with Cal calling his players out. Maybe its not smart, but thats the way he wants to coach.

Plus he has a point- that team should have made the tourney. His system would have let them succeed if they had bought into it, but that is the risk you run when you rely on Freshman year in and year out. Will be interesting to see how they respond if everyone comes back and has to earn their spot next year

#15 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,295 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

I agree... He shouldn't give them props when they're not due but he also shouldn't throw his team under the bus (and this isn't the first time he's done it this season)

To be honest I think the kids couldn't find chemistry within themselves. Thier defense even without Noel was still pretty good. But then couldn't find each other in the fast breaks. Could be the prob with alot of 1 & dones. Once they see the season winding down and thier draft stock with it, they become desperate(reason I didn't like Rivers at duke)and its all about them. Hence no team chemistry, followed by critical remarks from the coach. Which, i am sure he intends to send a message to future stars with his methods. At first terrance jones hated this about him. but with time became a team captain. So it could go either way with recruits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.