Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

153 posts in this topic

Posted

Rayzor has already stated that he is a Clemson Tiger fan. I highly doubt any of his endorsements are coming from Gamecock fandom, but common sense.

When you have a player with Lattimore's potential sitting in your lap in the 5th round, you take him 10 times out of 10...regardless of need. It's a pretty easy fuging concept to grasp.

Common sense wouldn't dictate Adrian Peterson comparisons.

Like I've reiterated, thank you merciful god that posters such as yourself aren't in charge. A real draft isn't a mock/fantasy offeseason. Getts drafting an injury free RB instead is a pretty fudging easy concept to grasp too.

Posted

Common sense wouldn't dictate Adrian Peterson comparisons.

Like I've reiterated, thank you merciful god that posters such as yourself aren't in charge. A real draft isn't a mock/fantasy offeseason. Getts drafting an injury free RB instead is a pretty fudging easy concept to grasp too.

And thank God you aren't in charge either.

Posted

Further,

Lattimore and Mathieu should never be used in the same sentence.

Its become clear youve got something against Latti.

No, I just have something against amateurs playing armchair GM and proclaiming an injury plagued Lattimore a solution to J-Stew and D-Will as next superstar for Carolina by wasting one of five draft picks on a position that doesn't need any more depth.

Posted

i mean the ravens took mcgahee in the first round and they knew he wasn't even going to be available his rookie year, but at the time they didn't have as many needs. so yea i believe a team with more stability would take him as early as the 3rd

The Bills drafted McGahee, not The Ravens.

Well, that's one argument that could be made. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are loaded with talent and don't have many needs. They could afford to take big gambles with late round picks.

Posted

No, I just have something against amateurs playing armchair GM and proclaiming an injury plagued Lattimore a solution to J-Stew and D-Will as next superstar for Carolina by wasting one of five draft picks on a position that doesn't need any more depth.

Then you have something against yourself too. We have differing opinions, but are both playing 'armchair GM'.

Posted

Then you have something against yourself too. We have differing opinions, but are both playing 'armchair GM'.

Nope, I just don't want a RB with a crappy knee. J-Stew, Tolbert, Smith and Poole are more than enough at this endeavor. I want Gettleman to draft on what we need in the following rounds.

Posted

I really dont think we have enough draft picks to take "flyers" on anybody. The only way we are improving this team is through the draft.

By the fourth round they are usually "flyers"

1 person likes this

Posted

The Bills drafted McGahee, not The Ravens.

Well, that's one argument that could be made. Teams like Seattle and San Fran are loaded with talent and don't have many needs. They could afford to take big gambles with late round picks.

You're right, since the Bills drafted him it wasn't the case of a team with minimal needs taking a flyer. That's a me-fail.

Posted

I think if you have a stout oline, then you don't have to worry about running backs.

Posted

Why are you guys still bothering to argue with someone who so clearly has some awkward obsessive agenda?

You'll make valid points, he'll fabricate crap out of thin air. Rinse repeat. Ignore him.

Posted

Why are you guys still bothering to argue with someone who so clearly has some awkward obsessive agenda?

You'll make valid points, he'll fabricate crap out of thin air. Rinse repeat. Ignore him.

I could have used this knowledge at about 1:00pm.

Posted

By the fourth round they are usually "flyers"

Not for the Panthers.