Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

153 posts in this topic

Yes, without a doubt...If he's there late, I'd pick him up, release Williams and place sign Armond Smith or Tauren Poole to the active 53 man roster and try to keep the one that isn't signed (Smith or Poole) on the practice squad. Personally I'd like to keep Smith..

another luxury option which again, we don't have

The luxury will be when we are able to show our two overpriced and under utilized rbs to the door.

Ask the giants how they won a superbowl

The luxury will be when we are able to show our two overpriced and under utilized rbs to the door.

Ask the giants how they won a superbowl

if the mindset is more for 2 or 3 years down the road rather than for this upcoming season, then absolutely

For a guy that was easily first round material it would seem like a no-brainer. It would be a great situation where he could come in and heal for a year on the PUP/IR. I have a feeling Deangelo stays this season and is gone next season barring something unexpected. That gives us a high quality guy for little $$$ (Lattimore) to act as insurance for our expensive and somewhat injury prone Stewart.

if the mindset is more for 2 or 3 years down the road rather than for this upcoming season, then absolutely

It's all about loading and reloading this team. In another 4-5 years draft another rb.

Teams that are in contention have guys step up after choosing to not resign expensive non vital positions.

It's all about loading and reloading this team. In another 4-5 years draft another rb.

Teams that are in contention have guys step up after choosing to not resign expensive non vital positions.

Let's worry about guys for several years down the line after we find starting caliber guards, safeties, and corners. If they had let Williams or Stewart walk and we had no major holes and we had a full set of draft picks....then maybe.

Because last years 4-7 picks filled in so nicely and filled all our needs...seriously getting anything out of a pick drafted after round 4 is a win. so even if it is a rb the value trumps picking some need who will get cut anyway.

We only have 5 picks and little room to snag FAs.....and we have lots of needs.

You also don't evaluate late round draft picks after just a year....that is silly. They aren't drafted to be players now.

I would actually consider it in the 4/5th to be honest.

RB's are and should be released after age 26/27, he could take it slow this year and next split time with Stew then next year take over for Stew.

i was just going to say 4th and unload dwill and/or stewart and roll with the human bowling ball, the human pretzel, and armond smith.

What is the logic behind this move other than being a 'beast'?

We are STACKED at RB (with or without D-Will and J-Stew) and Lattimore has been injured two years in a row.

What is the logic behind this move other than being a 'beast'?

We are STACKED at RB (with or without D-Will and J-Stew) and Lattimore has been injured two years in a row.

Gamecock fans

Gamecock fans

Adding possible first round talent at the back end of the draft, cheaply, and making future expensive vets expendable.

1 person likes this