Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

153 posts in this topic

Posted

I like how some posters are talking as if there will for sure be better players available

1 person likes this

Posted

not this.

Gamecock fans

this

Adding possible first round talent at the back end of the draft, cheaply, and making future expensive vets expendable.

Posted

Adding possible first round talent at the back end of the draft, cheaply, and making future expensive vets expendable.

Thank you. Seems pretty straightforward to me, too.

Posted

Who the hell is a gamecock fan?

Hey Kurb we are ok at RB I mean we have $10M+ tied up in RBS...no issue here.

Posted

How about about adding a crippled RB that could place us in deep crap?

We don't a RB this year. We need a WR, OLB, DB, OT/G, and K.

Posted

We aren't in a position for this to be an option.

Gamecock fans are the ones insisting he is going to be ready to go for sure at the beginning of the season. His doctor, Andrews, says he has a lot to do.

Posted

If we had more than 5 picks (thanks Hurney!!!!) I would. We have too many needs though.

This, not enough picks this year to take flyers on a guy at a position where we're already well stocked.

Posted

btw....i grew up in myrtle beach and the tigers were my team. any insinuation that i am a gamecock fan deserves a flaming bag of turds from a nursing home at your door and a donkey kick to the nads.

Posted

Being a Gamecock fan would only improve your station in life.

Posted

if dude recovers he certainly has the potential to be a great player in the nfl, but....if rivera has any say in the draft, forget it because picking him is not a win now, it is a plan for the future. if we had more picks than needs, then it is a good possibility but don't anyone here get their hopes up and he could potentially go in the end of the 3rd round. i would be okay with taking him in the 5th but like i said before, he is a luxury and if we are indeed in a win now mode, we don't have that luxury.

Posted

We aren't in a position for this to be an option.

Gamecock fans are the ones insisting he is going to be ready to go for sure at the beginning of the season. His doctor, Andrews, says he has a lot to do.

are we expecting a 4th or 5th rounder to be ready to start their rookie year? lol

someone has some awfully unrealistic expectations. guys taken after the 2nd or 3rd rounds are projects, not immediate starters. usually the talent isn't there yet, just potential. here is a guy with the talent who just has to get healthy. legit first round talent for a whole lot cheaper than other options on the roster. what's not to like, unless you're just narrow minded?

Posted

people are expecting waaaayyyyyy too much from later draft picks. holes aren't going to be filled by players taken after the 3rd round. holes are going to be filled by cheap FAs.