Photo
- - - - -

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
152 replies to this topic

#145 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

You're right, since the Bills drafted him it wasn't the case of a team with minimal needs taking a flyer. That's a me-fail.

Well, that GM wasn't exactly a fan favorite. He made a ton of unpopular moves. McGahee, for example, was a hellva of a reach.

#146 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

Not for the Panthers.

no, they still are. we are just hoping that our gamble can result in filling a starting gig somewhere...which is pathetic and we do have options.

holes should be and are being filled by FAs. anything after the 2nd round should be considered developmental...not starters. if you constantly look at those guys as being your starters and that is the way you address needs...well...you've got a losing team.

#147 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

Let's not get into this lattimore hype. Taking flyers with injured players doesn't always work out. See Hogan. Sure Hardy worked out but most of the time it doesn't. Rather not waste a 4th round pick on this guy. If he falls out of the draft, then sure. If he's there with our LAST pick. Sure why not. but not any middle round pick at all.

#148 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Let us also waste another pick on an injured linebacker.

#149 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Let's not get into this lattimore hype. Taking flyers with injured players doesn't always work out. See Hogan. Sure Hardy worked out but most of the time it doesn't. Rather not waste a 4th round pick on this guy. If he falls out of the draft, then sure. If he's there with our LAST pick. Sure why not. but not any middle round pick at all.

I wouldn't mind picking up Lattimore as UDFA but anything higher (for us) would be a tad irresponsible. We require depth at so many positions that RB should be the furtherest thing on our minds.

#150 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

So the argument against this highly unlikely scenario is we need 5th round picks to start this season?

#151 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

no, they still are. we are just hoping that our gamble can result in filling a starting gig somewhere...which is pathetic and we do have options.

holes should be and are being filled by FAs. anything after the 2nd round should be considered developmental...not starters. if you constantly look at those guys as being your starters and that is the way you address needs...well...you've got a losing team.

No, you always go in to a draft hoping you hit on every pick. "Development" sounds like you just expect them to ride the bench and learn. You always hope every pick can contribute in some type of way during the season and hopefully maximize that potential down the road. But you dont expect them all to become starters right off the bat even tho its always a bunch of low round guys that open up as starters in the past. For a team like the panthers we could use every pick becoming a reliable starter because we have NO MONEY to fill our needs through FA. Its wishful thinking.

#152 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

No, you always go in to a draft hoping you hit on every pick.

This is 100% incorrect

#153 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

You wouldn't want to hit on every draft pick....weird.

We know some guys are going to be busts, but at least be optimistic man. DAMN! lol To me you have to hit on first 3 picks man because that is where most HOF players come from, especially the 1st round pick.

The fourth round and down is for projects with nice potential or good solid back-ups imho.