Photo
- - - - -

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#16 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

I'm with it, because contrary to popular opinion excellent runningbacks do not materialize out of thin air. Hurney just over paid our two backs, and now we drinking the kool-aid. All of the recent champs have had a dynamic back on the squad.

#17 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,797 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:16 AM

I read that ML runs rather high (I questioned that), and with the new helmet rule (which should not pass this year) he is always going to be injury prone. With his history, I see a very short career if this is indeed the case.

#18 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,386 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

He can play and will be ready by week 1 hands down.

Not to mention the guy is going to be a BEAST.

Ready by Week 1? lol
He didn't look 100% after his 1st ACL, no way to say he's going to be a beast. Maybe he will be good but its not close to being certain.

The practice squad disolved at season's end.
Those guys can sign with anyone.
A. Smith was signed to a roster contract in Dec. 2012

My point was the two are going to be back.........

#19 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,079 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

WOW! Can you imagine this! Picture this, Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Williams, AND Lattimore all on the field at the same time. Defenses will not know what is coming to them when we unleash that. Totally awesome. Will be totally worth having a losing season again just to claim we could put 5 runners on the field togethter if we wanted.

We only have 5 draft picks...but who cares!!!! Who cares we don't have the picks to fill all our other holes or money to add FAs to. RBs fo sho!!! 24/7!!!

#20 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Maybe if we had more picks. A team with fewer holes and more picks will probably take him before we are in a reasonable position to do so. Don't the 49ers have like a million picks? He could be a great supplement/potential future replacement for Gore.

#21 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:28 AM

Ready by Week 1? lol
He didn't look 100% after his 1st ACL, no way to say he's going to be a beast. Maybe he will be good but its not close to being certain.

My point was the two are going to be back.........

He is six months ahead of schedule.

He will be ready by week 1.

#22 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,963 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

WOW! Can you imagine this! Picture this, Cam, Tolbert, Stewart, Williams, AND Lattimore all on the field at the same time. Defenses will not know what is coming to them when we unleash that. Totally awesome. Will be totally worth having a losing season again just to claim we could put 5 runners on the field togethter if we wanted.

We only have 5 draft picks...but who cares!!!! Who cares we don't have the picks to fill all our other holes or money to add FAs to. RBs fo sho!!! 24/7!!!

Because last years 4-7 picks filled in so nicely and filled all our needs...seriously getting anything out of a pick drafted after round 4 is a win. so even if it is a rb the value trumps picking some need who will get cut anyway.

#23 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:31 AM

another luxury option which again, we don't have

#24 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,386 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

He is six months ahead of schedule.

He will be ready by week 1.

He's still a month away from being cleared for Sprints. Awhile's away from cutting, contact etc...

Cool the ready by week one talk.

#25 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,138 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

Yes, without a doubt...If he's there late, I'd pick him up, release Williams and place sign Armond Smith or Tauren Poole to the active 53 man roster and try to keep the one that isn't signed (Smith or Poole) on the practice squad. Personally I'd like to keep Smith..

#26 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

another luxury option which again, we don't have

The luxury will be when we are able to show our two overpriced and under utilized rbs to the door.

Ask the giants how they won a superbowl

#27 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,044 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

The luxury will be when we are able to show our two overpriced and under utilized rbs to the door.

Ask the giants how they won a superbowl

if the mindset is more for 2 or 3 years down the road rather than for this upcoming season, then absolutely

#28 Evil Hurney

Evil Hurney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

For a guy that was easily first round material it would seem like a no-brainer. It would be a great situation where he could come in and heal for a year on the PUP/IR. I have a feeling Deangelo stays this season and is gone next season barring something unexpected. That gives us a high quality guy for little $$$ (Lattimore) to act as insurance for our expensive and somewhat injury prone Stewart.

#29 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

if the mindset is more for 2 or 3 years down the road rather than for this upcoming season, then absolutely

It's all about loading and reloading this team. In another 4-5 years draft another rb.

Teams that are in contention have guys step up after choosing to not resign expensive non vital positions.

#30 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

It's all about loading and reloading this team. In another 4-5 years draft another rb.

Teams that are in contention have guys step up after choosing to not resign expensive non vital positions.

Let's worry about guys for several years down the line after we find starting caliber guards, safeties, and corners. If they had let Williams or Stewart walk and we had no major holes and we had a full set of draft picks....then maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.