Photo
- - - - -

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

You won't get through. These guys are ok with 7-9 and doing things like we've always done

apparently with the same "core" players.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Gosh, you're so knowledgable. Who needs the Gman? We should just hire you to lead us to the promiseland.

Yes, let's draft a crippled future HOF'er RB who hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet and cut our losses with J-Stew and D-Will. This is a genius concept.

Yes. Totally bulletproof.

if finding good RBs wasn't so easy to find it would be more of an issue.

williams and stewart are easily replaceable for a lot less money. if we can, we absolutely should. keeping williams and stewart whose outrageous and overpriced contracts are crippling the team...yeah, that's a good option.

#78 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Drafting a player like Lattimore (and releasing the two overpaid RBs we currently have over the next two years) allows us to fill this roster with more talent at other positions...you know "other needs"

Releasing BOTH in favor of an injury prone RB who barely even played this year? The kid is talented but I'm not sure I could get behind that. Maybe cutting one or the other, but cutting both would leave us with a big question mark at the position and would worsen our cap situation. And as June 1 cuts it would just come back to bite us next year.

#79 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

no way I risk lattimore. Trade dwill, and get a good fb for stew and tolbert to run behind.

#80 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,146 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Releasing BOTH in favor of an injury prone RB who barely even played this year? The kid is talented but I'm not sure I could get behind that. Maybe cutting one or the other, but cutting both would leave us with a big question mark at the position and would worsen our cap situation. And as June 1 cuts it would just come back to bite us next year.

I said release them over the next two years...or thats what i meant. I would release Dwill or trade him the day after we drafted Lattimore. Next year I would decide on Stewart

#81 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Ah, well that makes more sense. I'd actually be perfectly fine with that.

#82 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Gosh, you're so knowledgable. Who needs the Gman? We should just hire you to lead us to the promiseland.

Yes, let's draft a crippled future HOF'er RB who hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet and cut our losses with J-Stew and D-Will. This is a genius concept.

The same thing could have been said about Frank Gore(SuperBowlRB) and Willis McGahee. He has the world renowned James Andrews in his corner. He will be productive in the NFL. We took a fourth round gamble on Hardy who was top 10 talent with a pile of injuries in his last two years of college. Now we are wondering how we are going to pay him. Lattimore is already more mature than the Kraken.

#83 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

if finding good RBs wasn't so easy to find it would be more of an issue.

williams and stewart are easily replaceable for a lot less money. if we can, we absolutely should. keeping williams and stewart whose outrageous and overpriced contracts are crippling the team...yeah, that's a good option.

J-Stew isn't crippling the team. D-Will might be but he could take a paycut. If not then, bye-bye.

The problem that you Lattimore-supporters fail to account for is his durability and productivity. None of which appears to be stable. If Getts is looking for a replacement, he's more likely reviewing Lacy or Gio than Lattimore.

#84 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Uhm, Tolbert is more then capable of starting, Lattimore would only be his backup for now. First round running backs are nearly extinct, and to have 2 is unheard of. You could shift their salries to 2-3 players that will be on the field 90% of plays, rather then having a RB that produces 400-500 yards the entire season.

#85 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

The same thing could have been said about Frank Gore(SuperBowlRB) and Willis McGahee. He has the world renowned James Andrews in his corner. He will be productive in the NFL. We took a fourth round gamble on Hardy who was top 10 talent with a pile of injuries in his last two years of college. Now we are wondering how we are going to pay him. Lattimore is already more mature than the Kraken.

Gore didn't suffer two Grade-A injuries in college and McGahee got fortunate that The Bills and Ravens were patient with him. By the by, how productive was McGahee in Buffalo? Willis might have rushed for over 2,000 yards and 18 touchdowns but he averaged 3.9 YPA in his three seasons with The Bills. Guess why? McGahee said he was still limited by his injury after he joined The Ravens.

#86 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

stewart and williams are both incredibly overpaid. we can make out just fine with a lot less money committed to both of them.

no RB is getting those kind of contracts anymore. peterson would probably be worth it because hes essentially their total offense. aside from that, no RB is worth the kind of money either one of those two guys are getting. they are overpaid because they and their position were overvalued. we should have been able to let either one of those guys walk rather than hand them those contracts.

and yes, their contracts are handicapping the team. money spent on them would have been more wisely spent on talent elsewhere. crap....even just sitting on that money and replacing them with cheaper but just as effective options would have been better than paying them what we did. it was a completely unnecessary use of cap space.

you want to talk about luxury? look no further than williams and stewart. that's very much what those two players are at their contracts.

#87 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

I just can't face the possibility we might blow our sixth rounder guys!! I can't handle it!!

Seriously. The guy was one of if not the best RB prospects arguably ever before his injury. You land him cheaply and for almost nothing lost and gain even more confidence in unloading part of our ridiculously overpriced backfield as well a promising player. It's literally a no lose scenario.

"but I was really hoping to land that guy out of Iowa a&m with that pick!!"

#88 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Uhm, Tolbert is more then capable of starting, Lattimore would only be his backup for now. First round running backs are nearly extinct, and to have 2 is unheard of. You could shift their salries to 2-3 players that will be on the field 90% of plays, rather then having a RB that produces 400-500 yards the entire season.

That's not the point. Lattimore hasn't been durable in college. Receiving two injuries of that caliber on the same knee is shaky, to say the least. Add the fact that he's not a fast RB, these injuries will only continue to hinder his capability. Marcus, simply, isn't worth the risk. I'd rather take Gio.

#89 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I just can't face the possibility we might blow our sixth rounder guys!! I can't handle it!!

Seriously. The guy was one of if not the best RB prospects arguably ever before his injury. You land him cheaply and for almost nothing lost and gain even more confidence in unloading part of our ridiculously overpriced backfield as well a promising player. It's literally a no lose scenario.

"but I was really hoping to land that guy out of Iowa a&m with that pick!!"

bingo.

better to pick up that long shot DB in the 5th than a flyer on an elite prospect that could replace one of our overpaid RBs. hilarity at its finest.

#90 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,562 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

No, J-Stew isn't overpaid. He's earned that restructure from Gettleman. Prior to his ankle and turf-toe issues, Stewart has been animal taking on LBs and DBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com