Photo
- - - - -

would you take a flyer on marcus lattimore late?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#71 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

yeah, football heaven forbid that we should pick up first round talent in the fourth or fifth round AND make even more reason to cut ourselves free from the contracts of williams and stewart that are crippling this team so we can go out and get more talent at other positions.

and btw...comparing the likes of armond smith and poole to lattimore? bwahahaha

I'll say it again, legit first round talent at a fourth or fifth round price...and that making the "need" for the likes of one or two of our ridiculously priced players vanish? sorry, but that's just good management. you replace overpriced and replaceable players for cheaper ones when you can and when you spot gold in unlikely places, you don't pass it by for any reason.

You won't get through. These guys are ok with 7-9 and doing things like we've always done

#72 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

You won't get through. These guys are ok with 7-9 and doing things like we've always done

Had someone mentioned trading out 2nd next year for a 3rd this year to draft him people would be all over it.

#73 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBurlington
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I'm not opposed to taking Lattimore in the 5th (perhaps fourth if we acquire another pick), but wouldn't drafting another RB when we have other needs be an example of "doing things like we've always done"?

I really do think this is worth considering though, since there's a really good chance DWill is gone come June.

#74 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

yeah, football heaven forbid that we should pick up first round talent in the fourth or fifth round AND make even more reason to cut ourselves free from the contracts of williams and stewart that are crippling this team so we can go out and get more talent at other positions.

and btw...comparing the likes of armond smith and poole to lattimore? bwahahaha

I'll say it again, legit first round talent at a fourth or fifth round price...and that making the "need" for the likes of one or two of our ridiculously priced players vanish? sorry, but that's just good management. you replace overpriced and replaceable players for cheaper ones when you can and when you spot gold in unlikely places, you don't pass it by for any reason.

Gosh, you're so knowledgable. Who needs the Gman? We should just hire you to lead us to the promiseland.

Yes, let's draft a crippled future HOF'er RB who hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet and cut our losses with J-Stew and D-Will. This is a genius concept.

Yes. Totally bulletproof.

#75 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm not opposed to taking Lattimore in the 5th (perhaps fourth if we acquire another pick), but wouldn't drafting another RB when we have other needs be an example of "doing things like we've always done"?

I really do think this is worth considering though, since there's a really good chance DWill is gone come June.

Drafting a player like Lattimore (and releasing the two overpaid RBs we currently have over the next two years) allows us to fill this roster with more talent at other positions...you know "other needs"

#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

apparently with the same "core" players.

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

Gosh, you're so knowledgable. Who needs the Gman? We should just hire you to lead us to the promiseland.

Yes, let's draft a crippled future HOF'er RB who hasn't played a single down in the NFL yet and cut our losses with J-Stew and D-Will. This is a genius concept.

Yes. Totally bulletproof.

if finding good RBs wasn't so easy to find it would be more of an issue.

williams and stewart are easily replaceable for a lot less money. if we can, we absolutely should. keeping williams and stewart whose outrageous and overpriced contracts are crippling the team...yeah, that's a good option.

#78 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationBurlington
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

Drafting a player like Lattimore (and releasing the two overpaid RBs we currently have over the next two years) allows us to fill this roster with more talent at other positions...you know "other needs"

Releasing BOTH in favor of an injury prone RB who barely even played this year? The kid is talented but I'm not sure I could get behind that. Maybe cutting one or the other, but cutting both would leave us with a big question mark at the position and would worsen our cap situation. And as June 1 cuts it would just come back to bite us next year.

#79 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnorth carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

no way I risk lattimore. Trade dwill, and get a good fb for stew and tolbert to run behind.

#80 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Releasing BOTH in favor of an injury prone RB who barely even played this year? The kid is talented but I'm not sure I could get behind that. Maybe cutting one or the other, but cutting both would leave us with a big question mark at the position and would worsen our cap situation. And as June 1 cuts it would just come back to bite us next year.

I said release them over the next two years...or thats what i meant. I would release Dwill or trade him the day after we drafted Lattimore. Next year I would decide on Stewart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users