Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ron Rivera reportedly says the Panthers are "open to trading D. Will"

134 posts in this topic

Posted

No one is going to trade for an overpaid 30 year old RB. We could pray that Chud would take him off our hands but I don't see that happening. Teams are just gonna wait for him to be released.

Posted

Like to see us get a qaulity fullback and put tolbert behind stew.

Posted

No one is going to trade for an overpaid 30 year old RB. We could pray that Chud would take him off our hands but I don't see that happening. Teams are just gonna wait for him to be released.

you know who chud has already, no

Posted

He'll probably go for a third.

At this point I would consider a 4th a absolute robbery, no way we get a 3rd. Unless Gettleman is a magician.

Packers should be calling us.

Posted

psssst Gettles ..call up GB, NE, AZ, Miami, NYJ, Foxy

1 person likes this

Posted

Trading him makes sense all the way around if they think that his salary is reasonable. They get a player that still has several years left and we get to hopefully send him to the AFC or somewhere other than in the division. I would not want to play against a motivated player with his talent twice a year. I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans took him just to keep from having to face him twice a year.

Posted

the only team I could see going after him is the Packers.....they need another playmaker now that they lost Jennings, and would likely cut him after a year. Also they have expressed interest before. Highly doubt we could get anything higher than a 4th for him if anything at all, no one is going to go into a bidding war over Deangelo

man am I going to miss him though

Posted

minus the guaranteed money, which we would eat, his salary isn't too horrible for someone to pick up.

Would that escalate to like a $9 mil hit for us this year?

Posted

psssst Gettles ..call up GB, NE, AZ, Miami, NYJ, Foxy

I agree with GB, AZ, NYJ, and maybe Denver (think they are about maxed out at the cap - but unsure)

NE has Ridley who played well last year, and I'm pretty sure Miami thinks Lamar Miller might take the big step for them next year

Posted

He'll probably go for a third.

If only Hurney was our trading partner in another team....

No dude, lower your expectations. We're talking about a 4th to 6th round pick.

I rather trade for a player though.

Posted

At this point I would consider a 4th a absolute robbery, no way we get a 3rd. Unless Gettleman is a magician.

Packers should be calling us.

If the Packers wouldn't sign Steven Jackson I see no way they take on Deangelo's contract plus give up a pick.

Posted

PPPPPssssssttttt.

We should trade Stewwwwww.

Hes younger, stronger, faster and worth more. We can get by with Williams and Tolbert (aka, poor man stew).

Also he can't stay healthy.