Photo
- - - - -

Ron Rivera reportedly says the Panthers are "open to trading D. Will"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
133 replies to this topic

#133 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

You don't think that sporting one of the worst Olines in the league had anything to do with his YPC?

Some...but the fact Williams goes down easier than my grandma is his age. He also simply hasn't ran as good as he did years ago. Some people just can't except that 2008 guy doesn't exist today...

Again, 15 games into the season this board thought X....one game more against a historical joke and people forgot they thought X all season

#134 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Some...but the fact Williams goes down easier than my grandma is his age. He also simply hasn't ran as good as he did years ago. Some people just can't except that 2008 guy doesn't exist today...

Again, 15 games into the season this board thought X....one game more against a historical joke and people forgot they thought X all season

He was very effective in 2011, averaging 5.4 yards a carry. He suddenly dropped a whole yard per carry in 2012 down to 4.3. However the team averaged 5.4 yards a carry in 2011, and also dropped to 4.5 in 2012. Stewart also dropped from 5.4 to 3.6 between 2011 and 2012.

Kind of makes you wonder that when you suddenly are given one of the worst Olines in the league, it can make it hard for your runningbacks to be productive. I really don't think both Stewart and Williams regressed this much, this quickly. The issue has a lot more to do with the guys up front than them.