#16 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,439 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

He'll probably go for a third.

At this point I would consider a 4th a absolute robbery, no way we get a 3rd. Unless Gettleman is a magician.

Packers should be calling us.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,479 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

psssst Gettles ..call up GB, NE, AZ, Miami, NYJ, Foxy

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Trading him makes sense all the way around if they think that his salary is reasonable. They get a player that still has several years left and we get to hopefully send him to the AFC or somewhere other than in the division. I would not want to play against a motivated player with his talent twice a year. I wouldn't be surprised if New Orleans took him just to keep from having to face him twice a year.

#19 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,284 posts

the only team I could see going after him is the Packers.....they need another playmaker now that they lost Jennings, and would likely cut him after a year. Also they have expressed interest before. Highly doubt we could get anything higher than a 4th for him if anything at all, no one is going to go into a bidding war over Deangelo

man am I going to miss him though

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,448 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

minus the guaranteed money, which we would eat, his salary isn't too horrible for someone to pick up.

Would that escalate to like a $9 mil hit for us this year?

#21 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,284 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

psssst Gettles ..call up GB, NE, AZ, Miami, NYJ, Foxy

I agree with GB, AZ, NYJ, and maybe Denver (think they are about maxed out at the cap - but unsure)

NE has Ridley who played well last year, and I'm pretty sure Miami thinks Lamar Miller might take the big step for them next year

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

He'll probably go for a third.

If only Hurney was our trading partner in another team....

No dude, lower your expectations. We're talking about a 4th to 6th round pick.

I rather trade for a player though.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,078 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

At this point I would consider a 4th a absolute robbery, no way we get a 3rd. Unless Gettleman is a magician.

Packers should be calling us.

If the Packers wouldn't sign Steven Jackson I see no way they take on Deangelo's contract plus give up a pick.

#24 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

PPPPPssssssttttt.

We should trade Stewwwwww.

Hes younger, stronger, faster and worth more. We can get by with Williams and Tolbert (aka, poor man stew).

Also he can't stay healthy.

#25 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,083 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

the only team I could see going after him is the Packers.....they need another playmaker now that they lost Jennings, and would likely cut him after a year. Also they have expressed interest before. Highly doubt we could get anything higher than a 4th for him if anything at all, no one is going to go into a bidding war over Deangelo

Williams is essentially 1 yr rental for a win now team...

5th or 6th rounder IMO

#26 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,083 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Williams is essentially 1 yr rental for a win now team...

5th or 6th rounder IMO

#27 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

If the Packers wouldn't sign Steven Jackson I see no way they take on Deangelo's contract plus give up a pick.

Ding ding ding. The reality of the Packers is that a running back exists only to change the tempo of the game and to block or check down for rodgers.

They give 0 fugs about how talented their back is, they wouldn't pound the rock if they had AP back there.

#28 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,798 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

I am not sure it would help the cap---I am so confused about it----but we have to pay his guaranteed money if we trade him?

However, this is a mute point. His best chance to be dealt was mid season last year before the trade deadline when good teams on playoff runs had needs. If DW is dealt, it will be after the draft--but i do not see it at all.

#29 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Yesterday I read a report that he was deferring all question about Deangelo to Gettleman.

#30 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,083 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:38 PM

I am not sure it would help the cap---I am so confused about it----but we have to pay his guaranteed money if we trade him?

However, this is a mute point. His best chance to be dealt was mid season last year before the trade deadline when good teams on playoff runs had needs. If DW is dealt, it will be after the draft--but i do not see it at all.

I don't see it either...

But they are holding onto that 2% chance they can....and then after the draft they will begin talking paycut/June 1 cut.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.