Oh no! Dumbass coaches.

#77 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

better question, why weren't we open to trading him when Green Bay was interested in him during the season before the trade deadline

Because "Double Trouble ain't goin nowhere" And the all Huddlers high five and want to give Hurney a hug

#78 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,719 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

They didn't say they were shopping him, just that they're open to a trade and I would imagine with a new GM that's the case for the majority of the roster.

Exactly. Its like saying your car is not for sale. Sure it is if the price is right.

#79 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

this is nothing new, Dwill is on the trading block every year.

#80 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Impossible. Give them a quality OL and the only way they could earn their money is with a Clausen-like QB who you don't want the ball in the hands of. One ball, carries dont exist for them to earn their checks. Both RBs are paid to be 1300, 10 TD rushers....

I don't expect them to blow up the stats, I just want them to make an impact in games and help us win.

I also don't want any excuses as to why they can't produce. If we have a bunch of money tied up in RB's, at least ensure that the OL has quality players and depth.

Like it or not, RB is one of our strengths. The running game should be a strength. It isn't the way the league is going, but that's where we are. Just because Cam has an arm and can put up 4k doesn't mean we should ignore one of our strengths.

I dunno. The contracts for JStew and DWill seem to over shadow the fact that they are really good running backs. Yeah they are paid too much, but it is what it is. As far as I am concerned we need to gravitate to young, fast, PnP RB's with hands that don't cost us millions.

#81 spartan_pantherfan

spartan_pantherfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Just checked this guys twitter feed and talk about stretching the truth... He basically took the tweet from Person where Rivera deferred any questions about trading D-Will to Gettleman and ran with it from there.

He later uses a quote from Jeff Fisher saying they are looking for a "big back" to replace Steven Jackson and to "look for the Rams to go after Williams after he is released".

Basically this guy is taking a little bit of info and throwing poo against the wall in hopes that it sticks.

Didn't see this before I posted.

#82 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

I don't expect them to blow up the stats, I just want them to make an impact in games and help us win.

I also don't want any excuses as to why they can't produce. If we have a bunch of money tied up in RB's, at least ensure that the OL has quality players and depth.

Like it or not, RB is one of our strengths. The running game should be a strength. It isn't the way the league is going, but that's where we are. Just because Cam has an arm and can put up 4k doesn't mean we should ignore one of our strengths.

I dunno. The contracts for JStew and DWill seem to over shadow the fact that they are really good running backs. Yeah they are paid too much, but it is what it is. As far as I am concerned we need to gravitate to young, fast, PnP RB's with hands that don't cost us millions.

We aren't ignoring our strength....that is Cam. Running is good for Cam in both getting in his groove and being a dangerous weapon while he works on his pass attack.

Chud was right about one thing....Cam will run and hopefully about 7 yrs into his career he will such a dangerous passer he then can become slanted more as a traditional passer....but until the the Cam show is going to be what we are known for

#83 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm sure we were. What was offered? Did we turn something down? I'm guessing if we were offered something it was less than spectacular.

honestly considering DWil's contract we would have been better off trading him for a 6 pack of beer then being on the hook for the remainder of Williams contract.

his contract is the only reason the Panthers are even open to the idea of trading him, if it were reasonable or at least equal to his actual worth to the team I'd be for keeping him, even the Panthers would be, but he's not, he's tremendously overpaid and that's the issue.

#84 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

DeAngelo to Green Bay! make it happen. Id take a 5th for him any day. Gotta rid ourself of those horrible salary and GB needs a RB badly.

#85 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

DeAngelo to Green Bay! make it happen. Id take a 5th for him any day. Gotta rid ourself of those horrible salary and GB needs a RB badly.

Green Bay picked up Stephen Jackson so I doubt they are in the market anymore.

#86 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Atl picked him up

#87 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,371 posts

Atlanta signed Jackson

#88 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 11,130 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

????

Steven Jackson went to Atlanta.

#89 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

• HUDDLER
  • 3,755 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Muhy bad, I thought I heard it on the radio the other week while at work

#90 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 19,972 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I still don't know why this is being discussed when he reported the exact opposite of what Person says.

If you look later in his tweets, it talks about us releasing Williams...

The guy can't make up his mind about which way he wants to go with the story whether is JR releasing him or trading him... This guy is essentially NJPanthersFan in the body of a sports reporter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.