#16 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,339 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

My wife has an Infiniti G, had a Lexus GS previously and at 6'6" and 275lbs, I only wish I could fit in something smaller and sportier then my Tahoe LTZ.

#17 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

it has been a great car. there's really no reason for me to get rid of it....it's just an itch...spring thing...I'll probably keep it a couple more years!!!

#18 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,498 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Been aa gear head my whole life.

With a two year old, and his.older brother, combined with trying to save money, i no longer can shop for vehicles i truly desire.

I currently drive an 02 Passat.
It's a damn nice drivers car for the value.
I make sure the wife drives the newer car.

When the kids are out of the house, I'll be able to buy for myself again.

Nice jags.

#19 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

My wife has an Infiniti G, had a Lexus GS previously and at 6'6" and 275lbs, I only wish I could fit in something smaller and sportier then my Tahoe LTZ.

yup...you and me are the same size pretty much so I know exactly where you are coming from on the whole fit thing. The TL is good for my size...seats are nice and low so there's lots of head room and the seat goes back far so lots of leg room, but you wouldn't want to sit behind me!

#20 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

That's one big sailor

#21 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,517 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Nice looking cars. I always thought Jaguars weren't very dependable. Or is that just an old wives tale?

semi true

British cars are designed with driving on a little island in mind. Engineers only recently started designing them with the open roads of the US in mind.

#22 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

That's one big sailor

Yeah, thanks for that...lol. When I retired in 1993 I was 38 years old and weighed in at a whopping 220, and I was still doing triathlons and riding 20-30 miles a day.

#23 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,339 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

yup...you and me are the same size pretty much so I know exactly where you are coming from on the whole fit thing. The TL is good for my size...seats are nice and low so there's lots of head room and the seat goes back far so lots of leg room, but you wouldn't want to sit behind me!

At my age, the "nice and low" thing doesn't work anymore. It takes me way too long to get in and out and the knees are screaming the entire time...

#24 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

lol...I hear ya there too...it's not crazy low! I'm 45 and can get in and out real easy!

#25 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've always loved cars. Kind of weird to say it now but I suppose you could call me a Land Rover enthusiast. I have a 2003 Discovery II that I've loved for 4 years now as if it were my wife. I've added a 2 inch lifted, oversized all terrains, brush guard, and a half rack with lights.

I do all my own maintenance. I've replaced the headgaskets, heatercore, plugs/wires. driveline service, all that. Land Rovers are pretty much pieces of crap. Mine has been fairly good to me though. I've learned so much about cars and mechanics with this truck. I've gone from a totaly newb to shade tree mechanic lol.
Posted Image

#26 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

I've always loved cars. Kind of weird to say it now but I suppose you could call me a Land Rover enthusiast. I have a 2003 Discovery II that I've loved for 4 years now as if it were my wife. I've added a 2 inch lifted, oversized all terrains, brush guard, and a half rack with lights.

I do all my own maintenance. I've replaced the headgaskets, heatercore, plugs/wires. driveline service, all that. Land Rovers are pretty much pieces of crap. Mine has been fairly good to me though. I've learned so much about cars and mechanics with this truck. I've gone from a totaly newb to shade tree mechanic lol.
Posted Image

Those are very nice!!!

#27 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,047 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image

That's a beautiful car. My sister in law is a finance manager for my local Land Rover dealership and see these cars everyday. The bad thing is that they break down a lot and cost a lot. The good thing is that you know how to fix it yourself. Kudos on getting the Discovery.

#28 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Jaguar just introduced this monster yesterday.... looks like Scott Jag and I will need to have a chat so I can get out of my lease a bit early

#29 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,498 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Jaguar just introduced this monster yesterday.... looks like Scott Jag and I will need to have a chat so I can get out of my lease a bit early

looks.like a exotic volvo.

#30 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

any of you fruit cups drive a Mercedes now or in the past?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.