37 replies to this topic

#31 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,959 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

You can't go wrong with a Honda or Acura. Perfect blend of performance, practicality, and reliability. They are very easy to work on and their resale values continue to be the best of any brand sold in the U.S.

I'm looking to buy an RSX. Those things are sweet

#32 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

think there's some big changes coming in the Acura line. No more TL, no more RL I believe...think they are merging those two into a new line.

#33 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

I know it seems shallow to be obsessed with cars but for me it has always been a passion. I finally took the splurge and got a brand new XJ as the new body is spectacular when compared to my previous XJ. I joined a local Jaguar enthusiasts club and find myself with a bunch of middle aged men who all sit and talk shop about these cars. Anyone else here just as passionate about a particular brand of cars?

how are these for big people???

got my eye on a couple 09 XF's and was curious how they were for interior size before I go to the lot to look at them!

#34 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Nothing like that but I do love cars. All those new Jags look awesome.  

My current car is an Infiniti M35x and I really like it so far (had it about a year). Not too fast or too luxury but a good mix of both. 

621458_517546731606594_1125138146_o.jpg

#35 pir8fan05

pir8fan05

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

I've always loved cars. Kind of weird to say it now but I suppose you could call me a Land Rover enthusiast. I have a 2003 Discovery II that I've loved for 4 years now as if it were my wife. I've added a 2 inch lifted, oversized all terrains, brush guard, and a half rack with lights.

I do all my own maintenance. I've replaced the headgaskets, heatercore, plugs/wires. driveline service, all that. Land Rovers are pretty much pieces of crap. Mine has been fairly good to me though. I've learned so much about cars and mechanics with this truck. I've gone from a totaly newb to shade tree mechanic lol.
DSCN3083.jpg

Had a '99 Series 1 for about 5 years and loved it. Bought it out of college with 116,000mi on it and drove it until 196,000mi. Really was fairly reliable (1 alternator and 1 water pump) until the end. Started leaking  oil and steering fluid bad. Parked it at my mom's for 2 years and finally just sold it to a friend for $250 

Would have loved to keep it and turn it into a nice off-road truck but had nowhere to work on it

#36 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

Really close to pulling the trigger on a 2008 M3 sedan.

#37 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:34 PM

My father just bought a 2013 Lexus es350 and seems to love it thus far. He could care less about flash and performance so didn't get the f sport like I recommended. 

#38 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

any of you fruit cups drive a Mercedes now or in the past?

I drive an 04 E320, got about 140k miles on it.  Been quite reliable, no major problems.  Still gets 28mpg and I usually drive around 75-80 mph on the highway.  Would love to get a new Audi A6, I love the design but don't really want to drop $55k on a new car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com